Most future proof phone?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Is it weird that the most negative posts were all from Moderators?

Think you guys should remember why your forum even exists.

To inform Droid users.

If the Truth is negative to you....Sorry.

How can anyone answer that question? It's all a guess as to what's coming out.

OP
M
Reaction score
I never asked about any phone coming out. I listed 3 phones that are confirmed, 2 of which are already available, and I wanted peoples opinions on which phone is the most valuable, which one they would pay the most for.

OP
M
Reaction score

To inform Droid users.

Agreed. He's just asking for an opinion. So out of the phones availble and those in the near future what is the best?

I say droid x2

Comin' atcha from my fission'ed d2g

Could you tell me why X2 instead of TB

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Because the phone will be "newer" at the time you may be wanting to sell it which people would pay more for.

Unless, the X2 is locked, in which case the TB would be more desirable from a rooting/modding customer.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks. That makes sense. I'm pretty sure the X2 will be locked. I have never rooted before because I have never owned an Android device, but I will eventually try and learn ADB, I'm leaning more towards the TB now but my mind still isn't made up yet so we'll see. Also the THUNDER0321 on wirefly seems to be expired. Is there anyway to be notified if/when they have another coupon for the TB?

rebaf

Reaction score

To inform Droid users.

Good call, seems to be that way on a lot of droid forums anymore.

I'd look for the best specs and remember moto bootloader are locked....which is bringing a lot of neg attention.

From phone.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks. Yea that's why I was leaning more towards the TB. I still don't know yet I'll have to wait for the X2 to come out. I was going to wait for the Bionic but I'm not that patient I suppose.

Wirefly

Reaction score
Thanks. That makes sense. I'm pretty sure the X2 will be locked. I have never rooted before because I have never owned an Android device, but I will eventually try and learn ADB, I'm leaning more towards the TB now but my mind still isn't made up yet so we'll see. Also the THUNDER0321 on wirefly seems to be expired. Is there anyway to be notified if/when they have another coupon for the TB?

Yes the THUNDER0321 coupon has expired. We keep our most up to date coupons posted on our Facebook page. If you are a fan, you will have access to our coupons and deals before our other customers. PM me if there is anything I can help you with.

Tip14

Reaction score
The Thunder Bolt seems like a good choice to me. I know the feeling of getting a phone and being stuck with it for 2 years waiting to get another phone. I would look for a phone with 4g and a front facing camera (which the thunderbolt has) that seems to be the way everything is heading. I'm still using the OG Droid. Another thing to take into consideration is that with all the custom roms and the dev's on here almost any phone can have features that a newer model may have as long as its not hardware related like 4g or a front facing camera.

OP
M
Reaction score
Very True! I think I'll be getting the TB but I'll still play with the X2 just in case it blows me away, and thanks wirefly guy.

Last edited:

Vashi

Reaction score
Why has no one bothered to mention the Galaxy S II?

vzdroid13

Reaction score
Most people probably don't even understand dual core technology, but they will know that they have a 4g phone, so definitely the Thunderbolt.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums