Most future proof phone?

Reaction score
So here's my question: I can upgrade later this month and I don't feel like waiting for a better phone with this BB I have so I will upgrade this month, and I've convinced my sister to let me take her upgrade in December. :) So what I'm asking is what does everyone think best phone to get on Verizon that I could sell at the highest price in December. I am thinking the Thunderbolt/Incredible 2/Droid X2(if its out by the end of this month) I would be happy with any one of these devices. I do not currently have 4G in my area but it's on VZW's list to get it by the end of the year?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
No one here knows what that will be. Anyone saying so is just guessing.

Skunkworkx

Reaction score
So you want an upgrade to sell ?
You know Karma will bite you in the arse right ?

Good luck on your choice.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have no idea why you started this thread, really. We don't know whats coming out from week to week let alone December of this year. Why not post about this say in September where we might have a clue?

Skunkworkx

Reaction score
Oh.... and BTW....FYI :(

"Verizon to stop everytwo upgrades

Now that the Iphone will join the Verizon family it seems its time for Verizon to cut the upgrade incentives

Quote:
The carrier is going to end its "New Every Two" program, according to a report in the Wall Street Journal. The program gave existing customers a credit of $30 to $100 toward the purchase of a new phone on contract every two years. Beginning Jan. 16, the nation's largest carrier will stop offering the credit to new subscribers and will not re-enroll subscribers in the program once they use the credit. Existing customers can get the credit if they renew their contract before Jan. 16, which is more than two weeks before Verizon customers will be able to pre-order the iPhone.

matt2783

Reaction score
4g phones retail for more $ than even new 3g phones so it stands to reason that the resale would be higher for the TB than the DX2 or INC2 in December. The DX2 is the only dual core of the group though, so that may raise resale.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Generally the phone with the best specs. However, as stated above, it's anyone's guess. There are no guarantees.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks to the few people who answered. I wasn't asking anything difficult, just out of the 3 phones I listed what would be the most valuable in December, not the actual prices. I should have worded it better like "Out of the 3 phones which would you pay more for". I am sorry some people were confused.

I knew about the NE2, I'm on a secondary line (cheaper) so I never had it anyways. To clarify I am upgrading this month and also in December, I am not selling an upgrade.

Last edited:

solorca

Reaction score
Honestly, the most future-proof phone is a newly released iphone. Since they only have one phone, and typically only release one a year, you are pretty much guaranteed to have the newest one for that period of time.

With Android, they are constantly releasing new phones with better specs, so you are usually only a month or two away from being last week's news.

We were lucky with the Droid X, as it was near the top of the line for almost a year (at least on Verizon)...but with the current innovation, I don't see a phone being able to do that anymore.

OP
M
Reaction score
Very true, I definitely agree with you, but I just don't like iOS. I do like iTunes and all the apps the iPhone has. Even if I did like it I don't think I could wait until September for a new phone. I'm upgrading in December as well and if the new iPhone comes out before then I'll take a look at it. I most likely won't get it but I won't rule it out either.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is it weird that the most negative posts were all from Moderators?

Think you guys should remember why your forum even exists.

To inform Droid users.

lerit50

Reaction score
Is it weird that the most negative posts were all from Moderators?

Think you guys should remember why your forum even exists.

To inform Droid users.

Agreed. He's just asking for an opinion. So out of the phones availble and those in the near future what is the best?

I say droid x2

Comin' atcha from my fission'ed d2g

OP
M
Reaction score
Thank you, I've narrowed it down to DX2 and the TB, I like the big screen, I played with the TB in the store a few weeks ago and I liked it, my sister has the DX and I like that as well. I'll test out both devices whenever the DX2 comes out and probably make a decision from there. I find it funny that it's so hard to pick a phone nowadays. It's become a hobby now instead of just researching a month before you get a phone.

lerit50

Reaction score
Thank you, I've narrowed it down to DX2 and the TB, I like the big screen, I played with the TB in the store a few weeks ago and I liked it, my sister has the DX and I like that as well. I'll test out both devices whenever the DX2 comes out and probably make a decision from there. I find it funny that it's so hard to pick a phone nowadays. It's become a hobby now instead of just researching a month before you get a phone.

I agree.. but you really can't go wrong with those 3 choices

Comin' atcha from my fission'ed d2g