MOSH The Sequel Begins: Motorola's Release of "Dev Edition" RAZR Sparks Protest

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Talon66721

Talon66721 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Well put! I like that a lot!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

2. DaWolf85

DaWolf85 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Why I will not buy a Moto phone: Because I can't rely on them to make any upgrades they say they will make, to fix any bugs they say they will fix, etc.
    It's not just about the bootloader, it's about trust in Moto overall... which at least for me, is sorely lacking right now.

3. metalb00

metalb00 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    im just hoping the razr maxx battery life becomes a trend with other companies. i didnt realize i would be w a locked bootloader, this was my first motorola droid and prob my last

4. Anarchinator

Anarchinator New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Code:
     Maybe they're trying to test us.  Maybe they want to find out who the next super genius among us all is, what with all the tech available now.   Who's going to be the one to finally break their code?  Maybe it's already happened, possibly numerous times, and now the more experienced coders are out there getting the kicks of a lifetime off of all the pandemonium and uproar.  Maybe Motorola just enjoys messing with peoples' money.  Though, if the latter's the case, this war just got ratcheted up to the next gear. 

5. SquireSCA

SquireSCA Silver Member

Ratings:
    +280
    I think that as far as VZW is concerned, they won't put pressure on Moto. VZW does not sell phones. It actually costs them money(initially) to sell phones. Phones are a means to an end; Contracts.

Moto is selling the Razr like hotcakes. I don't think they care if 0.001% of the customer based is "outraged" and signs a petition.

6. loki993

loki993 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    I mean voicing your opinion is great and all but how many of these online petitions has there been now an we still have locked down phones. They dont appear to be too concerned about it or even listening.

7. SquireSCA

SquireSCA Silver Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Exactly. They sell 9 million phones or whatever in a year... A couple thousand geeks sign a petition, people who bought Moto phones, and half of which will buy another Moto phone regardless of them being "outraged" and signing the petition...

If they thought enough people cared that it would impact US sales, they would have by now. We are a tiny insignificant minority.

8. loki993

loki993 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Though I do tend to agree with you somehow this tiny insignificant movement is what cause them to lock down the phones in the first place so that's kind of counter intuitive. If were so small then why even bother, yet for whatever reason they do.

By all means keep running the petitions, Im just not convinced they will ever do any good.