morning call not working when power off

E

_Evelyn_

I used to set a morning call at night and turn my phone power off before sleeping, but it never rings the next morning. It's really annoying. Could anyone be of any help? Thank you!

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I used to set a morning call at night and turn my phone power off before sleeping, but it never rings the next morning. It's really annoying. Could anyone be of any help? Thank you!

You were able to turn the power off on the Galaxy Nexus and get it to turn on at a certain time? As far as I know, there are only 2 ways to turn the device on from power off. One requires you to plug in a power source to it, and the other is to use the power button. If the device is off, nothing is running, there would be no way of it knowing what time it is, no radios running...nothing.

Unless I am misreading the question, which if so, I apologize.

OP
E

_Evelyn_

I turn the phone off by pushing the power button. This is my first smart phone, I used Nokia 5610 before, once I set the morning call and turned it off, the phone would ring the next morning and reminded me of turning the phone on or off. But it's not working on galaxy nexus. I'm wondering do all smart phones have the same problem like me, or just android phones?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I turn the phone off by pushing the power button. This is my first smart phone, I used Nokia 5610 before, once I set the morning call and turned it off, the phone would ring the next morning and reminded me of turning the phone on or off. But it's not working on galaxy nexus. I'm wondering do all smart phones have the same problem like me, or just android phones?

Blackberrys also did this... android devices don't do it... yet.

You could power off the device and schedule a time for it to come on and also for it to wake up and sound an alarm.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
If you are just trying to silence the phone overnight and have the sound back on in the morning, Timeriffic is the bomb