More Than A Million People Are Still Using Their Note 7

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Me too! The iPhone 7 simply couldn't compete with Sammy's latest. Corporate espionage happens more often than you would think.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I'm sure it does, as we've seen through IFixIt etc it doesn't take a rocket scientist to pop open the device and mess with a chip, then when charged and the fire occurs most evidence is literally up in flames, thus the reason so many devices were never handed over, it's a shame...

Sent from my New Note 7
Edited my first to add "malicious" corporate involvement, which was my intent.

Last edited:

tattooguy21

Reaction score
That's one reason many have suggested, malicious corporate involvement in the "fires", I believe that to be 99% true.

Edited from my New Note 7

Me too! The iPhone 7 simply couldn't compete with Sammy's latest. Corporate espionage/sabotage happens more often than you would think.

Do a search for iPhone 7 fires. Seriously....check out what you get

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
i only have my Note 7 still cause the V20 doesn't come out for att till the 28th then its bye bye note 7 *sniff* *sniff*. Till next year ill be a LG holder.

ayanav

Banned
Reaction score
An incomprehensible choice when we think about it! Apart from the fact that it will soon be deactivate, what interest to keep a smartphone that not only presents risks but also will never be updated in a new version of Android as it has been withdrawn from sale?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
galaxy note 7 achat galaxy note 7

Last edited:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
An incomprehensible choice when we think about it! Apart from the fact that it will soon be deactivate, what interest to keep a smartphone that not only presents risks but also will never be updated in a new version of Android as it has been withdrawn from sale?
Proof it will be deactivated please.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I agree with Mustang02, where is the proof that Samsung has any plans to issue an OTA update and shut the remaining Note 7s down? I'm not sure they have the legal right to do that in the US. If Toyota issues a recall for airbags and a Toyota owner chooses to ignore it can the manufacturer come and seize that car, remove it to a dealership and replace the airbags, then return it and say "We did it for your own good"?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I believe the idea that the phone would be deactivated was pure speculation. I'm sure Samsung prefers the ones that are out there still in use, remain in use. So far it has served them well because of the million+ that are still out there, it is quite puzzling that there has not been one fire.

Reactions: cr6

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Me too! The iPhone 7 simply couldn't compete with Sammy's latest. Corporate espionage/sabotage happens more often than you would think.

How can you say the iPhone couldn't compete? Having used both I'll say it competes very well and outshines in many areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
How can you say the iPhone couldn't compete? Having used both I'll say it competes very well and outshines in many areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh, you just stop! Lol! My opinion is definitely biased because everytime I touch an iPhone, I am lost. I'm sure apple believed that the N7 would really hurt their sales. And look what happened. The N7 is taken off the market and their sales did much much better than if it was still on the market. As it is, we will never really know how much better the N7 would have competed with the iPhone 7.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
That's the only way my SO will stop using hers, if Sammy pushes an update that renders it useless.
Plus, the camera on this thing is amazing! A low light picture taken this evening. The sun had dropped behind the mountains 30 minutes before this was taken. Incredible.
9d5d5d3fe3796d853522bc0ea846454b.jpg

S5 tap'n
That really is a good camera!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
It's amazing. That's not even the best picture. We went to Jackson Hole last weekend and my SO took over 300 photos & video with her Note 7. We got some incredible shots with that device.

S5 tap'n
Keep it rolling then... It looks amazing!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
( Btw, my Jackson was sitting on my lap and I read your post and showed that picture to my husband. When i repeated the name of the town you mentioned, Jackson looked at me and cringed...I think he was worried about what I was"treating" next... You see I had just put ointment in his infected ears... And then I said "Jackson H01e"...I swear that dog understands English.... Sorry... You had to be there.. It was funny...

Last edited:
Reactions: cr6