More planets discovered

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
How long will it be before some scientists get together and do another Pluto? You thought they were planets , we called them planets but we've decided they're not planets anymore.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Developer

Banned
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 s
I hope one day we would all move from this old Earth

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
39 light years away. Why are they even bothering?
I have a feeling that same question was asked about manned flight,a trip to the moon, magnetic propulsion and numerous other things.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
i'm all for advancement of technology and deep space discovery. but this is like trying to compete in olympics vs usain bolt while being an infant that can't even crawl yet.
first we need to achieve light speed travel which in itself is generations if not centuries away.
then we need to be able to hibernate during space flight so we don't die of old age getting there. which i think will be easier to achieve then light speed travel.
that's just my opinion :)

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i'm all for advancement of technology and deep space discovery. but this is like trying to compete in olympics vs usain bolt while being an infant that can't even crawl yet.
first we need to achieve light speed travel which in itself is generations if not centuries away.
then we need to be able to hibernate during space flight so we don't die of old age getting there. which i think will be easier to achieve then light speed travel.
Now we have a reason to strive for light speed travel instead of letting it relegate to science fiction only. Dream big or stay home.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

drexnerd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
V20

Light speed travel is a lot more than centuries away. I don't think it's even possible actually but I might be wrong.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Light speed travel is a lot more than centuries away. I don't think it's even possible actually but I might be wrong.
I don't think it's so much the getting to that fast that'd be the deal breaker but stopping due to kinetic energy. Without going into the math the force it would take to stop would more than crush anything trying to stop. If memory serves the take off without being crushed has been "theoretically" solved but not the stopping. Those pesky dampening fields .

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

drexnerd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
V20
I don't think it's so much the getting to that fast that'd be the deal breaker but stopping due to kinetic energy. Without going into the math the force it would take to stop would more than crush anything trying to stop. If memory serves the take off without being crushed has been "theoretically" solved but not the stopping. Those pesky dampening fields .

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

You obviously know a lot more about it than me! I remember reading that as an object speeds up its mass increases and so as you get closer to the speed of light its mass increases but the speed doesn't. I'm sure that's over-simplified nonsense though.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You obviously know a lot more about it than me! I remember reading that as an object speeds up its mass increases and so as you get closer to the speed of light its mass increases but the speed doesn't. I'm sure that's over-simplified nonsense though.
I miss wrote. It's not actually traveling faster than light but bending space/time. My apologies and you are correct about true light speed travel.
Warp Speed Travel Is Theoretically Possible, Says Astrophysicist
Why faster than light speed isn't possible
Why Can’t Anything Go Faster Than The Speed Of Light?

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><