More Picture Evidence that Nokia will launch the Nokia X Android Smartphone at MWC

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
evleaks-nokia-normandy-green-feb-2014.png

There have been a number of leaks and rumors regarding the "impending" launch of the Nokia X, aka Normandy, aka the Nokia Android phone. We mostly shied away from them, not because it wasn't interesting, but because it was more of an oddity than anything useful. The specs are so deep into the "low-end" that the phone seems like a throwback to 2011.

Still, the newest leaks seem to point to a likely launch of the device at Mobile World Congress next week, so we decided to share it this time. If it really does launch, it would seem that Nokia wanted to perform one last "crazy tech feat" before Microsoft acquires them.

Just in interest of full disclosure, here are those less than mediocre specs:
  • 4-inch WVGA display
  • 1 GHz dual-core Snapdragon processor
  • 512MB of RAM
  • 4GB of internal storage
  • 5-megapixel camera
  • 1,500 mAh battery
As you can see, the device is "weak" by today's standards, to say the least. If this was going to be Nokia's attempt to take a stab at the Android market, it's more like they brought a plastic spoon to a sword fight...

Source: @evleaks

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Droid X specs 3 years late. Sign me up.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Most users don't care about specs. It's only us specialized bunch here and there that care about Ghz and Cores. When they try out this $99 phone, they are going to ask, can I install apps? yes. Can I play Candy Crush? Yes. Can I install Facebook? Yes. Can I load music on it and play it? Yes.

Specs mean squat to the average user. They want new shiny things that does only what they need it to do.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Most users don't care about specs. It's only us specialized bunch here and there that care about Ghz and Cores. When they try out this $99 phone, they are going to ask, can I install apps? yes. Can I play Candy Crush? Yes. Can I install Facebook? Yes. Can I load music on it and play it? Yes.

Specs mean squat to the average user. They want new shiny things that does only what they need it to do.

While that is true, even the average consumer will likely notice how slow and choppy it would run and how limited it feels in storage and capabilities. They'll likely come back to complain and maybe trade it in on a Moto G (which is undoubtedly a much better phone) for the same price. ;)

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
While that is true, even the average consumer will likely notice how slow and choppy it would run and how limited it feels in storage and capabilities. They'll likely come back to complain and maybe trade it in on a Moto G (which is undoubtedly a much better phone) for the same price. ;)

Exactly!!! Especially when they compare it to their friend's S4 or something else and see how slow and laggy and limited on storage space it is. I can't see very many current apps even running well on this phone.