More Motorola News: Moto Sends Out Soak Test Invites for Droid RAZR HD & MAXX HD

4shlr

Reaction score
No, JB Extreme will not interferre. Start with this since you had issues with the previous Update install, download this file and extract it to your desktop and "run" the run.bat file, and install the Stock Recovery on your device. Once the Stock recovery is installed, go into your App Drawer and open OTA Rootkeeper and backup SU with the Temp-UnRoot. Then go into the Settings> About phone> System updates and download and install the Update. Let it go through should be nice and clean, after it reboots, restore Root and check my earlier comment to ensure that the System Version is 9.18.79 and you have the .15P ending new Baseband.

Will I be able to flash TWRP back on after I take the update? Also, will I need to reflash the JB extreme theme? Thanks btw

KaChow

Reaction score
Will I be able to flash TWRP back on after I take the update? Also, will I need to reflash the JB extreme theme? Thanks btw

After the OTA you can flash TWRP custom recovery. This OTA does not erase your Data, therefore there is no need to reflash the JB Extreme theme. gl:thumbup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
So how did you do it?

i did a clean flash of the os then just took the update through system update (while twrp was installed). no secret way or special method.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Okay, silly question, but if I have a completely stock phone, the update shouldn't have any problems, right??

4shlr

Reaction score
After the OTA you can flash TWRP custom recovery. This OTA does not erase your Data, therefore there is no need to reflash the JB Extreme theme. gl:thumbup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

OK thanks. So will I be able to just boot up the Razr HD utility 1.20 and flash TWRP again or will that utility not work anymore after this update?

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
OK thanks. So will I be able to just boot up the Razr HD utility 1.20 and flash TWRP again or will that utility not work anymore after this update?

the utility should still work.

KaChow

Reaction score

Here Flash this instead Recovery Flashers V6 this a utility that flashes Recovery, it has ALSO been UPDATED to the latest version of TWRP compliments of Hashcode.

4shlr

Reaction score
Here Flash this instead Recovery Flashers V6 this a utility that flashes Recovery, it has ALSO been UPDATED to the latest version of TWRP compliments of Hashcode.

OK so I ran this, installed moto stock recovery. Temp un-rooted and took the update but it keeps failing. I check the build number & baseband number & I'm still running the old. Any thoughts? The only thing I thought was just trying to flash the stock recovery again to be sure...

KaChow

Reaction score
OK so I ran this, installed moto stock recovery. Temp un-rooted and took the update but it keeps failing. I check the build number & baseband number & I'm still running the old. Any thoughts? The only thing I thought was just trying to flash the stock recovery again to be sure...

There are quite a few routes to go, so nothing is exhausted and we can get this OTA on your device somehow, so don't worry there. I'm not sure what version you have so I'll post both OTA's this for System version 9.16.6 and this is for 9.16.9, download the file and save to your External SD card. Go ahead and use OTA Rootkeeper and Temp Un-Root your device, then Reboot> Power + Volume (-) down, once screen is black hold Power = Volume (+) up, use Volume down to select Recovery and click Volume up. At the dead Android screen hold Volume (-) down and quickly press Volume (+) up this will put you into Recovery> scroll down to the option to install from external storage and press Power. Installing the OTA from this angle, if the OTA fails, you will receive a message as to what failed. Which if something does fail the next step I would suggest is doing an FDR which will wipe everything, if Root is lost which it shouldn't> just use Motochopper to restore Root. Then do an OTA Rootkeeper backup and install the OTA. If it fails again, post and I'll post another route.

4shlr

Reaction score
There are quite a few routes to go, so nothing is exhausted and we can get this OTA on your device somehow, so don't worry there. I'm not sure what version you have so I'll post both OTA's this for System version 9.16.6 and this is for 9.16.9, download the file and save to your External SD card. Go ahead and use OTA Rootkeeper and Temp Un-Root your device, then Reboot> Power + Volume (-) down, once screen is black hold Power = Volume (+) up, use Volume down to select Recovery and click Volume up. At the dead Android screen hold Volume (-) down and quickly press Volume (+) up this will put you into Recovery> scroll down to the option to install from external storage and press Power. Installing the OTA from this angle, if the OTA fails, you will receive a message as to what failed. Which if something does fail the next step I would suggest is doing an FDR which will wipe everything, if Root is lost which it shouldn't> just use Motochopper to restore Root. Then do an OTA Rootkeeper backup and install the OTA. If it fails again, post and I'll post another route.

Thank you so much! I will give this a try today when I have some time & report back as soon as I do. One question: the above part I bolded. Do I reboot or just shut down then start the power + volume sequence? Or do I need to start that in an actual reboot? Thanks again!

4shlr

Reaction score

Also, should I verify that I did flash the stock recovery before trying this?

4shlr

Reaction score
Also, should I verify that I did flash the stock recovery before trying this?

So I shut down and tried to boot into stock recovery but it just takes me to the dead android with the red triangle with (!) in it. Should I run the .bat file again and try to flash the stock recovery again?