More Motorola News: Moto Sends Out Soak Test Invites for Droid RAZR HD & MAXX HD

Discussion in 'Tech News' started by dgstorm, Jul 4, 2013.

1. djspy

djspy Member

Ratings:
    +14
    I guess I'm lucky. When I checked for the update and saw that it was available I pressed "download later" went to Voodoo and backed up, downloaded the update and installed with no problems then I restored root. I have the new radios.

2. JohnFH

JohnFH Member

Ratings:
    +2
    KaChow, Thanks for this detailed info!

3. KaChow

KaChow Active Member

Ratings:
    +143
    If anyone that has not taken the update yet that is on Version 9.16.9, could install from the Play store OTA Snatcher from Batakang then install it. Go into Settings> About phone> System updates and download the 9.20.1 Version and snatch it with OTA Snatcher. I have a backup of the 9.16.9 ROM and want to see if the Update installs completely with the new Baseband.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 4 beta

4. scion676

scion676 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    So I am having pretty much the same problem, though I've never unlocked, just rooted. I'm on the MR2 release. I went into Titanium Backup and unfroze all of the bloatware, protected root with OTA rootkeeper, downloaded and installed the update and it fails pretty quickly. I checked to see if any bloatware was disabled in the stock apps sub-settings and didn't find anything. The installation bar gets about 1/4 or 1/5th of the way before throwing up a red exclamation point for failure, and then booting back into the OS.

Any further ideas? I guess I'll just refreeze my bloatware and sit tight for the time being...

5. bweN diorD

bweN diorD Senior Member

Ratings:
    +74
    Current Phone Model:
    G2
    OK, I got the new baseband now :)
    Flashed back to stock, left twrp installed, rooted, protected with voodoo, then took the update.
    I lost root this time but voodoo fixed it right up :)
    btw, my boot loader is unlocked.

[​IMG]

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

6. rcglider

rcglider Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So what's the bottom line here. I just purchased a Maxx HD on Saturday, and the previous owner had already updated to 9.20.1. Can the phone still be rooted?

7. KaChow

KaChow Active Member

Ratings:
    +143
    If the Update was installed and your System Version reads 9.20.1 then you cannot Root from this point going forward(as of yet.) The updates resulting in System version 9.18.79 and 9.20.1 closed the Motochopper Root Exploit.

8. rcglider

rcglider Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, it does. I suspect as with past phones I've had, there will be a new exploit available at some point. I'm in no hurry, unless I discover I can't tether stealth-fully anymore on my unlimited plan.

9. 4shlr

4shlr Member

Ratings:
    +1
    HELP!
    I am rooted and unlocked bootloader. I used ota rootkeeper to temp unroot and took the ota. My phone started to shutdown then rebooted into TWRP recovery. I can reboot system, but after a few seconds of my phone being on it automatically shuts down again. I'm basically stuck in a reboot loop. Any ideas???

10. GoCliffGo05

GoCliffGo05 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +497
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 7
    For future reference you can't OTA with TWRP installed. You need everything stock.

If you keep getting loops, wipe data or flash back to 4.1.2 or try installing a ROM.

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

11. 4shlr

4shlr Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you, after I did that I wondered if having TWRP on there was stopping it. Luckily I did a backup right before so I restored that and all is good. Then I downloaded an app freezer to freeze the updater until I figure out what to do next. Can I download the update and install it manually through TWRP?

12. KaChow

KaChow Active Member

Ratings:
    +143
    First, thing you need to do is restore your device, do you have a TWRP backup of the stock 4.1.2 saved, it can be either System version 9.16.6 or 9.16.9. If not let me know and I'll post an FXZ for you.

Search tags for this page
9.16.9.xt926

9.18.79.en.us

9.20.1 root
droid razr maxx hd update 9.18.79
razr hd update root
razr maxx hd root
root 9.20.1.xt926
update 9.18.79

update 9.18.79.en.us