More malware

Reaction score
Just get your apps through Amazon if you're worried. They actually do test and approve the apps.

From their AppStore help page:

Amazon Tested

To ensure the highest quality apps in our catalog, we take all submissions through a series of tests. In this process we screen the apps for known viruses and malware, test the app to check that it actually does what it claims to do, and test whether the app affects the stability of the other functions of your phone. These tests include (but are not limited to):

• Installation: The application installs and opens, upgrades can be installed and the application can be uninstalled by following the phone's regular uninstall method.
  • Functionality: The application doesn't crash and the description of the application matches the application's description.
  • Usability: Graphics, videos, animation, and text within the app are clear and readable to the user
  • Technical: The application doesn't interfere with, or stop working when, a user receives calls or text messages while the application is running.

Oxymoron

Reaction score
[rant]This is just like PC's. Who gets infected with viruses? Those that just install apps willy nilly/go to questionable sites/never install anti-virus, and/or expect that it is 100% bulletproof and never manually scan offline/don't know ANYTHING about computers.... the list goes on.

Tech (all forms) should be like getting a license to drive a car. If you can't pass a basic test, you shouldn't be allowed access to it... because you are a danger to yourself... and possibly others.

Hahahahaha.... [/rant over]

*customized tapatalk signature*

OP
czerdrill

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
[rant]This is just like PC's. Who gets infected with viruses? Those that just install apps willy nilly/go to questionable sites/never install anti-virus, and/or expect that it is 100% bulletproof and never manually scan offline/don't know ANYTHING about computers.... the list goes on.

Tech (all forms) should be like getting a license to drive a car. If you can't pass a basic test, you shouldn't be allowed access to it... because you are a danger to yourself... and possibly others.

Hahahahaha.... [/rant over]

Ha, if only... as great as that would be, it's not that simple. Nor is it fair to suggest that everyone who owns tech has to be a tech-head. I think the onus is on Google to fix this and not expect to educate the multi-millions of people who dont give a crap.

Think about the people who own smartphones. They're not you and me. They're average ppl who just want a "cool touchscreen phone!" or "an iPhone!" They're not going to read about viruses and malware on their phone and try to protect themselves. Heck they probably don't even think such things are possible.

I think Google needs to do something about it, and stop worrying about their "we're open source!!!" crap, because they're clearly not.

Oxymoron

Reaction score
A man can dream, can't he? ;)

Just ranting :)

OP
czerdrill

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
A man can dream, can't he? ;)

Just ranting :)

ha hey i'm with you man. if everyone would educate themselves, malware and viruses wouldn't exist. but sadly that'll never happen lol

Oxymoron

Reaction score
Yep, I know. Q-tips will continue to drive slow, and pull out in front of people too. It's a given. No biggie.

p.s. you're alright dude. I know I called you "offensive" once (sorry about that), but you're cool.

OP
czerdrill

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
haha, no offense taken, i probably deserved it!

Oxymoron

Reaction score
Hahaha, maybe so! I am probably equally so on occasion, so whatever ;)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score