More Info Leaks About Samsung & LG Curved Flex Displays

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
LG_Flexible_Display_02.jpg

According to the latest "rumint" the curved flexible tech display devices for both Samsung and LG will be launching soon. First, Samsung Sinjonggyun representatives told reporters that their curved display device would actually be “released next week.” Nothing else of note was reported regarding this launch.

Second, LG let it be known they will launch a curved display device sometime after Samsung does. They also included a stylized picture of the device (shown above) and a name for it. The smartphone will be called the LG Z, and will supposedly come with a concave 6-inch display. This contradicts earlier reports of a 4.5-inch screen size.

Both devices are expected to be in very limited quantities and come with a premium price-tag.

Source: UnWiredView

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The phone won't be curved, just the display. The above image is just stylized.

jseah

Reaction score
I don't know what would be the purpose of a curved phone? Other than to show the world that it can be done? When I think of a curved display that would be useful, I think of the application that was shown in the Samsung video where the screen curved over the side of the device and it had a rolling display for stock quotes and notifications so you could have the phone on your hip and you could simply look down at the edge of the phone to see what notifications you had instead of having the take the phone out of the holster and turn on the screen.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Then there's the flex vs shatter factor. If it's as scratch resistant as "modified glass" it'll change the game for everyone. If not look for a comeback in screen protectors.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Notate now Free