More Icons Widget

Reaction score
Has anyone used this app yet? It claims it can place 4 icons in the place of 1. And 16 in the place of 4? This would be really useful, but it is $1.99 and I wanted to see if somebody had a review on it? Thanks!

jdx

Reaction score
Try the free version, it supports 1x1 widgets only.
I bought the full version to support, but i still use the 1x1 only. Its accurate and i had no problems with it at all.
And yes, the 4x1 supports up to 16 icons.

OP
panthers89fan90
Reaction score
Ok, I didn't see a free version when I searched for it. Let me go try to find the free version. So you do like it? It doesn't cluster the icons too much, but it just pull the icons closer together?

jdx

Reaction score
Well, 4x1 was a little too much for me (too clustered), but i love the 1x1 widget. It basically splits one icon into 2x2 icons. Its not too small though.

RoNYC

Reaction score
I am currrently using ultimatefaves. It holds up to 16 apps in one short cut/widget. The only thing is the shortcut/widget is a star. There is a free version that gives you 2 shortcuts/widget.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, 4x1 was a little too much for me (too clustered), but i love the 1x1 widget. It basically splits one icon into 2x2 icons. Its not too small though.

I was using the 4x1 for a while and staggered the icons, only using 8 which kept the clutter down and met my needs. In my screen shot in my sig you can see the 1x1 cluster in the 3rd screen

Big Cam

Reaction score
I've been using the free version for months.

The paid version is silly, you can create the same thing out of the free version, it will just take a few more minutes.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been using the free version for months.

The paid version is silly, you can create the same thing out of the free version, it will just take a few more minutes.

I paid because I needed the either the space for the config icon or needed it to be empty. Both options not available with free version.

ohio79

Reaction score
I just downloaded the More Icons Widget (free version). Is there a way to customize the icons on the free version or must I use the "stock" icons? If not, can this be done with the pay version?

Trey

Taegost

Reaction score
I wouldn't bother with any of those apps, the OS has a Folder option that you can create and it'll hold more then 16 icons. That's what I used to organize all my games and apps when I used the stock launcher, as well as create a ghetto speed dial from my home screen.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just downloaded the More Icons Widget (free version). Is there a way to customize the icons on the free version or must I use the "stock" icons? If not, can this be done with the pay version?

Trey
No. You'd have to change the icons in the apk file. Don't know that it would be worth it.

I wouldn't bother with any of those apps, the OS has a Folder option that you can create and it'll hold more then 16 icons. That's what I used to organize all my games and apps when I used the stock launcher, as well as create a ghetto speed dial from my home screen.

That works too, but there extra clicking and possibly scrolling and crappy icons that you can't change, even with Bettercut. Apps Organizer at least has better icons and you can change them. Downside to that is it's only apps, not any shortcut.

If you want the individual shortcuts on the desktop and don't mind the smaller size, More Icons can work.