More home screens?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am using Helix Launcher, which seems less laggy and less failure-prone than the other home replacement apps I tried (GDE, Home++, PandaHome). It allows 1-7 screens and gives you 4 persistent icons at the bottom of the screen (I set mine to phone, gmail, browser, and maps). It worked fine with 2.0.1 stock, and now is working fine again with 2.1 (forced manual upgrade).

Been using GDE for months and like it very much with seven home screens and the 360 degree rotation around the set of homescreens and the cube effect.

But for those not interested in third party homescreen replacements abcOrganizer or AppOrganizer provide a way to access categories of applications (and bookmarks and contacts; abcOrganizer, get it?) from a single user-selected icon on the homescreen. Frees up a lot of screen real estate.

It does, of course, require that you touch the icon on the screen which opens a panel of the included applications, but since you'd have to swipe over to another home screen for anything not on your default screen, it's relatively efficient.

iPirate

Reaction score
What has just more screens? I don't want any other fluf

PROFX87

Reaction score
Launcher+

I just downloaded Launcher+ from the marketplace and so far...AWESOME. All i wanted was a couiple extra screen and it delivers. No added wallpapers or widgets. Just a basic addition of home screens. Very pleased.

CBLJazz

Reaction score
I just downloaded Launcher+ from the marketplace and so far...AWESOME. All i wanted was a couiple extra screen and it delivers. No added wallpapers or widgets. Just a basic addition of home screens. Very pleased.

I had launcher+ and recently upgraded to launcher pro

it's better- faster and the expose'/ sense preview makes navigation more fluid than launcher +

Droid101

Reaction score
Another vote from me for Helix

I don't know I had it on my droid not that long ago and I felt it had too many fc. Once I tried out launcherpro I knew there was no going back havnt had a single fc. Maybe it just depends on what else you have running on you phone but that's just my opinion.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

etx_droid

Reaction score
Another vote from me for Helix
I don't know I had it on my droid not that long ago and I felt it had too many fc. Once I tried out launcherpro I knew there was no going back havnt had a single fc. Maybe it just depends on what else you have running on you phone but that's just my opinion.

Could be...you were running V1 and not V2? A buddy of mine has a stock Droid with Helix V1 and hasn't noticed to many fc's. But, that's why we own a Droid, so many choices so one will have to work for ya!! Try em all!

Droid101

Reaction score
I don't know I had it on my droid not that long ago and I felt it had too many fc. Once I tried out launcherpro I knew there was no going back havnt h

Could be...you were running V1 and not V2? A buddy of mine has a stock Droid with Helix V1 and hasn't noticed to many fc's. But, that's why we own a Droid, so many choices so one will have to work for ya!! Try em all!

Yes I have to agree there are tons of choices.

OldguyMark

Reaction score
Been running Helix v1, worked prefect with five screens - recently switch to six screens and it is a bit buggy and slow, but not too bad.
At the same time I've loaded a bunch of new apps like Bettercut and Folder Organizer and have been playing with all kinds of stuff including different icon packs ... which could be part of the problem.

Only had three FC's from Helix, and each time I was trying to force something with the app (like Bettercut) that it can't do ... it was kinda like Helix said, "Ok, stop it already, you can't do that," and forced closed :):)

I want to look into both LuncherPro and Sweeter Home, just haven't got around to it yet ... actually I'm waiting for Sweeter Home to finish the new beta and put it in the market ... I'm just too new at this stuff to play with a beta ....

PROFX87

Reaction score
I ran into lagging problems and uninstaled/reinstalled launcher+. I accidentally defaulted the android home setting. How can i change this? I would like to go back to launcher+ but my phone won't bring up the option to.