More home screens for Droid 4- is it possible at all?

TerryS

Reaction score
I have ran out of space for new shortcuts on my D4 and in need to add more home screens,
but it does not seem to be possible to do.

When I tried to drag a shortcut to right, past the last screen it just didn't work.

Can you help me please ... :hail:

huskur

Reaction score
I have ran out of space for new shortcuts on my D4 and in need to add more home screens,
but it does not seem to be possible to do.

When I tried to drag a shortcut to right, past the last screen it just didn't work.

Can you help me please ... :hail:

Get "go launcher EX" from the playstore. You can have almost as many home screens as you like.

OP
T

TerryS

Reaction score
Get "go launcher EX" from the playstore. You can have almost as many home screens as you like.
Thank you huskur,
but I never used non-stock launchers before ... Don't really need any fancy effects - just a bit more space for shortcuts.
So, once I install this launcher - would I be able to go back and uninstall it if don't like it, it is not like installing a new ROM, right?
BTW i just checked and the JB update is available for my phone (3% already been downloaded) - will I have a more screens in JB,
or the custom launcher is the only way??

Last edited:

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
JB doesn't have more home screens than ICS.

Go Launcher EX is your best bet for multiple home screens. It's a good launcher. Sometimes their pestering for extra add-ons (that may or may not cost money) gets on my nerves, but it's decent.

And, of course, if you don't like it, you can uninstall and go back to the stock launcher without incident.

cbalde04

Reaction score
If you drag one icon over another on your home screen, it puts them in a folder. I use this a lot. I have my browsers together, my forums together, my games together, etc. What would normally take up 7 screens is down to 3 and I can put them around widgets. You can also move folders to the bottom app bar, and remove the stock apps in that bar. Keeps everything organized and condensed in my opinion. I rarely open the app drawer anymore.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Dom1000

Reaction score
I use ADW Launcher i like it cause of the customizations. theres also nova launcher which i believe looks kinda stock to ics or jb. although both of these have paid versions, most of the stuff can be accessed in the free ones and like golauncher, you can uninstall if you dont like them.

huskur

Reaction score
Thank you huskur,
but I never used non-stock launchers before ... Don't really need any fancy effects - just a bit more space for shortcuts.
So, once I install this launcher - would I be able to go back and uninstall it if don't like it, it is not like installing a new ROM, right?
BTW i just checked and the JB update is available for my phone (3% already been downloaded) - will I have a more screens in JB,
or the custom launcher is the only way??

Yes, You can always uninstall it if you don't like it.

Aslo the stock launcher will allow you to make folders. Just drag one shortcut over top of another and let it go. Voila

I don't think JB will offer more home screens for you.

Last edited: