More Froyo

mjh68

Reaction score
hey I do not have access to a PC right now... is there any way to load this with only my Droid? I'm running cyanogenmod 5.0.7.1 and have the free rommanager. But could upgrade to the premium version if needed.

As long as you have root explorer you can , I did it all on my phone . Just download, use root explorer to navigate to the download folder. Extract, go to the extracted folder on the SD card, copy folder and navigate to the clockwork backup folder and paste it there. Reboot into recovery and do a nandroid restore, select the file you just pasted and viola !

chaosz3ro

Reaction score
okay I need some major help here

I'm currently on the old 2.2 build. I want to install the newer one. When I reboot my droid while holding x, to get to the recovery menu, all the phone does is stay on the motorola logo. Once I let go of x it just reboots the phone.

any ideas? :\

anuraj1

Reaction score
Maybe OP should state this. Seems some others tried it the same way as I did and had the install fail from RM. :)
this is SPRecovery method..I NEVER use ROM Manager. Too many issues

Hmm, never had an issue, yet. And hopefully won't. Probably will now,,lol

Just took the plunge, installed ROM, kernel, and drop theme at the same time using CW. Everything is fine, so far ;)

I've never had an issue either, Clockwork is a great user experience.

I also tried to use it as an update.zip style update but it looks like it is a nandroid restore, which definitely wipes your apps and data. So make sure you use titanium to back up your apps.

Mojo

Reaction score
hey I do not have access to a PC right now... is there any way to load this with only my Droid? I'm running cyanogenmod 5.0.7.1 and have the free rommanager. But could upgrade to the premium version if needed.

As long as you have root explorer you can , I did it all on my phone . Just download, use root explorer to navigate to the download folder. Extract, go to the extracted folder on the SD card, copy folder and navigate to the clockwork backup folder and paste it there. Reboot into recovery and do a nandroid restore, select the file you just pasted and viola !

Dude thanks! I will give it a go. Much props to ya!

spawn9859

Reaction score
Is there a link to the 1.2ghz kernel? I tried the links for the 1.25 and 1.2 but both are 1.1 on my phone.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
w00t! Chrome to Phone DOES work!!!

Still no wifi tethering though

Guess this means I will be staying up til my phone has more batteryto install the newest leak......

P3, Miami, Droidforums, MyDroidWorld.....I dont even know what to say...

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

J

Johnly

I have the premium RM, and it has always worked. I like SpRecovery better because it feels more like I am in control. Both are fine if used precisely.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

I'm currently on the old 2.2 build. I want to install the newer one. When I reboot my droid while holding x, to get to the recovery menu, all the phone does is stay on the motorola logo. Once I let go of x it just reboots the phone.

U keep holding x and let go of the power button.

chaosz3ro

Reaction score

U keep holding x and let go of the power button.

I did. It just keeps reloading the motorola logo.

I tried getting to the recovery menu from rom manager as well, and it just reboots the phone.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Just an FYI you will have to reinstall busybox even if you don't wipe data.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk