More Froyo

Mojo

Reaction score
I have your solution... unistall ans install Cyanogen 5.0.7.1 Froyo is a freaking problematic rom unitll the dev fixs akl the bugs on it.

I whent back to CM froyo is too new and it has a lot of issues...

I have not had a single issue... I followed all the instructions to a T and even used CW to install. As a matter of fact I would have to say this is the best my droid has ever ran since I started to mod it. Furthermore... Cyanogen is not all that and a bag of chips either. With Cyanogen my voice search did not work among a few other things. Nothing is ever going to be perfect.

TexasRules777

Reaction score
One: not every one is having problems atleast not to the point of removal

Two: devs not fixing any thing because it is a test key that was not meant for distribution. You have it because a tester leaked it so you can play with it. It is in test mode for a reason....because it is meant to "test" for potential issues.
You can play with it or return to your previous rom. This thread is for those wanting to install it and play with it. We have many people on here doing what they can to help people get it up and running. Other then google, no one is responsible for how it will react on your device hence the fact you are not suppose to have it in the first place.
I understand if people need certain aspects of their device to work on a daily basis. If you fall into that category and the beta is not allowing you to use your device in a way that is required for dail function then remove it and wait for the official 2.1. For me; I do not use wifi and I am cool with the beta. I know it has issues, but its not issues that effect how I use my device.
Tethering works fine for me, im typing this from my lapper now.[/QUOTE]

Amen brother..amen.

sarreq

Reaction score
OK, I've got this latest froyo, how do I get Chrome to Phone, it doesn't seem to be anywhere on my app drawer or market

jbrock98

Reaction score
alright all these froyos i dunno where i stand on the most recent one, i'm on FRF xxx333 and i see theres one that FRF57 38829 which one is the most recent?

mikezpc

Reaction score
root

hey everyone,
anyone having issues with root ?
not sure whats going on, but i flashed from BB1.1 and wiped everything and i installed the update.zip for the root and the kernel for the wifi fix (800) and newest baseband .43 all in one by Pete and i am still not sure if i have root access, or maybe partial if there is such a thing, reason is i cant push any commands through abd, titanium backup works but i type busybox in terminal emulator and i get an error that says busybox: permission denied

and what i am mainly looking for is to use these commands to get data working since my Droid is flashed to metrocps
[FONT=&quot]adb remount[FONT=&quot]
adb push c:\android\tools\u2nl /system/bin/u2nl
adb push c:\ android\tools\autostart.sh /data/opt/autostart.sh
adb shell
chmod 0755 /system/bin/u2nl
chmod 0755 /data/opt/autostart.sh
adb reboot[/FONT]
[/FONT]

thank you

J

Johnly

alright all these froyos i dunno where i stand on the most recent one, i'm on FRF xxx333 and i see theres one that FRF57 38829 which one is the most recent?
Mine was FRF57, but after installing Brian's market fix, it is FRFxx 33333. You have the same version, just more fixed.

kpiskin

Reaction score
The file I got from Droid Life for SPR is "droidlife-bs-froyo-20100608-0521.zip", is the right file to use if I'm going from stock 2.1 to 2.2?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How is everybody's battery life with 2.2? Mine isn't good at all..

That has been a common reasonable complaint. As I stated before; 2.1 had improved battery life but dropped off in performance. 2.2 picked up in performance but with not as good of battery life.
So pick your poison; battery life or performance.

bodean

Reaction score
I have your solution... unistall ans install Cyanogen 5.0.7.1 Froyo is a freaking problematic rom unitll the dev fixs akl the bugs on it.

I whent back to CM froyo is too new and it has a lot of issues...

Problematic for you and the other 1%. Other 99% are enjoying it.

dwagner88

Reaction score
I've found an interesting bug: If I have haptic feedback enabled, sometimes it will go off when the phone is asleep. I will use the phone for something, then lock it and put it down. About a minute later, I get three haptic feedback vibrations. It has happened several times. Turning off haptic feedback fixes the problem.