More Froyo

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was JUST getting ready to post this in the other thread.....lol

Hmmmm some fresh Froyo....I think I will have a scoop. :)

microsnook

Reaction score
Lets do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Budmonster, just follow the instructions given in thispost/the post on this at MDW/the original Froyo thread.

OP
M

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been out of the loop for a while. I want to pull the trigger and go to Froyo... But... Their are so many threads and so many methods on what to that's it kind of turning me away. Is this latest Froyo build? And if I want to jump from 2.1 to 2.2, what do I have to do. I'm looking for the most update tutorial on how to do this. Do I just download the zip from here and use clockwork to flash, then just head over to Froyo Overclocked Kernels includes *wifi* fix and flash a kernel of my choice? I just want to make sure I understand what's going on. I'm trying to read through all these pages, just don't have the time between work and my son. If anyone could let me know what the deal is, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Are you rooted. Lets start there if not the instruction is the non rooted thread will work for this file..should take about 10 minutes to get fryo running

xXbrick84Xx

Reaction score
For those of you using the SPrecovery to install, DO NOT install as an update.zip, it is a Nandroid Backup, which means you must EXTRACT the file from the .zip, then paste it in your Nandroid folder on SD card, then restore to it. I'm trying it out now I'll post back on how it is :)

Brick

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Install from RM failed for me. I just extracted the .zip and put the folder into the backup folder in clockwork on the sd card. Not sure if this was supposed to be done that way, but it worked for me.

oshigeru

Reaction score
Will nandroid -> advanced restore -> restore /system work without wiping data/cache?

mrZoSo

Reaction score
Install from RM failed for me. I just extracted the .zip and put the folder into the backup folder in clockwork on the sd card. Not sure if this was supposed to be done that way, but it worked for me.
No need to extract it if using RM

B

budmonster

I've been out of the loop for a while. I want to pull the trigger and go to Froyo... But... Their are so many threads and so many methods on what to that's it kind of turning me away. Is this latest Froyo build? And if I want to jump from 2.1 to 2.2, what do I have to do. I'm looking for the most update tutorial on how to do this. Do I just download the zip from here and use clockwork to flash, then just head over to Froyo Overclocked Kernels includes *wifi* fix and flash a kernel of my choice? I just want to make sure I understand what's going on. I'm trying to read through all these pages, just don't have the time between work and my son. If anyone could let me know what the deal is, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Are you rooted. Lets start there if not the instruction is the non rooted thread will work for this file..should take about 10 minutes to get fryo running

Yeah I'm on 2.1 w/ root.