More excited about the nexus 5 or 4.4 key lime pie (kit kat)

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Remember there was no commercial from Verizon at all for The Gnex, all there was was the store model. My local store only sold 3 on day one. Me being one of them and I bought mine in the evening and I was coming from a BlackBerry Storm along with the person right behind me. That phone was horrible(Storm)! The guy after me watch the forums just like me. That why we purchased it. Verizon will never push a Google phone without their blotware.

Oh it had their bloatware that was the big blow up and probably reason for the delay. Verizon did not want google wallet and other google software on it and they insisted that their my verizon app and (I believe) two other vzw apps be put on it. The verizon nexus experience was a nightmare. I felt like a kid kicking and screaming for hours to get that toy (or candy) from the store (well not literally kicking and screaming because my parents didn't play that) only to get the toy and it not live up to the hype. Since the nexus one I have been emailing and complaining to verizon forever to get a nexus. Finally get it and lte connectivity sucked, had to fight for updates, and it felt like verizon said "here you go...told you the nexus was not what it was hyped up to be". I just felt like verizon did not give the device a chance to succeed because it did not want it to succeed. As long as verizon continues to have the most coverage they continues to hold the cards. Their closest competitor (At&T) is just now catching up and now verizon is on to the next with LTE-A. In the end verizon knows that customers are not going to risk reliability for options. I struggled going to at&t because I was so worried about dropped calls and lte issue. It was not until after asking co-workers who had at&t and at&t flipped the lte switch that I then felt comfortable about going into an at&t store. And the first month I kept my verizon phone on and on me just in case.