*MORE* effective root for leakers

xliderider

Reaction score
Also, the root method outlined is supposed to work for ANY htc device. Haven't seen anyone with an Incredible post that it worked for them.

wendroid

Reaction score
icon1.gif
Difficult to follow for a non-hacker
Will somebody please walk me through this? I've read all the instructions at Root for ERIS LEAKERS! - xda-developers and Android Forums to root my leaked phone but I really don't understand it well enough to try it. I need to get this done to change it back to stock and I don't want a new rom, the original is fine for me. There is just so much here that I don't understand - like how to push custom.img to the phone - there isn't a tutorial on all of the finer points here. I need exact instructions that don't assume I know anything at all.

Thanks, Wendy

xliderider

Reaction score
Wendy, just wait for the OTA update that Verizon is pushing out. My wife's Eris got the update notice this morning. I installed the update and the phone is a lot more responsive and zippy now. I may not even root it now.

Before this latest update, the phone lagged and took forever to respond to touchscreen selections and to execute the commands. I was definitely going to root and install a custom rom with overclocking capabilities, but now I don't really need to.

wendroid

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I'm on a leak and I don't think I will get the OTA bug fix from Verizon.

xliderider

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I'm on a leak and I don't think I will get the OTA bug fix from Verizon.

I had my wife's Eris stuck on the v3 2.1 leak (didn't bother flashing the RUU since it was proven to be identical to the v3 leak), what leak is your's on?

I'm pretty sure the OTA will update the v3 and RUU 2.1 roms.

wendroid

Reaction score
I had my wife's Eris stuck on the v3 2.1 leak (didn't bother flashing the RUU since it was proven to be identical to the v3 leak), what leak is your's on?
I think I'm on the RUU 2.1 - I updated from the v2 leak, the one you can't root. I'm either on that or the v3 2.1 leak, also unrootable. I didn't receive the 2.1 ota which is why I updated to the RUU. But I can't remember. Wierd, I know.

OP
T

T2noob

Reaction score
Yea all leaks and ruu can be rooted with this method look on the xda forums for now an even easier root method the thread is by jcase I would give you a link but I'm on my phone.