More Details Emerge for Samsung Stealth V FCC Filing

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
All the latest specs leaked this month state its dual core. Also last year it was mentioned (google search)

There is a you tube video where you can barely hear somebody ask "is it dual core" and among the noise the guy answers "yes". Then he asks does it shoot 1080p and again gets a yes. I can't remember the video though. I've watched too many : )

Im going to go by what most of the blogs are reporting at this point and the fact that it can shoot 1080p to substantiate the Duel Core rumor.

If that changes im sure it will pop up somewhere.

Sent from my Droid

Jester6x

Reaction score
Wow ck. Must be pretty big to pull you from the Bionic. Whats the latest on how close these will be for release dates?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Wow ck. Must be pretty big to pull you from the Bionic. Whats the latest on how close these will be for release dates?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
Mid year (whenever that is)

It cleared FCC so it's not that far off BUT who knows what will happen now that the BlunderBolt has fallen off the map.

I hope they do not hold up this release because of the TB debacle. The longer the TB release drags on the more irelavent it (TB) becomes so I' hoping this doesn't mess up their whole launch schedule.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
The sooner the better. Of course my upgrade isn't until July but who knows maybe I can talk them into moving my upgrade up a month or two if it comes out before then. Hope the Thunderbolt doesn't mess this up by delaying it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

kparks

Reaction score
i thought the internal memory sucked in this thing did they change it or am i mistaken?

creaky

Reaction score
This looks like a sweet phone..but it's fugly as sin!!

I have to say, for all the firepower this thing is purported to have, that "V" on the bottom is pretty bad. Let's hope Sammy has it together with updates if this is launching with 2.2.

Jester6x

Reaction score

It cleared FCC so it's not that far off BUT who knows what will happen now that the BlunderBolt has fallen off the map.

I hope they do not hold up this release because of the TB debacle. The longer the TB release drags on the more irelavent it (TB) becomes so I' hoping this doesn't mess up their whole launch schedule.

Yeah that who TB mess is making me a little nervous.

So you seem pretty definite on this over the Bionic. What's the big pull over the Bionic?

kyler13

Reaction score
I am seeing mixed things whether its dual core or not.

This looks like the phone, and she didn't mention dual core.
just a 1ghz processor.
YouTube - Verizon Samsung Stealth Hands-On

Actually, at the end she is very specific that it isn't dual core. Have things changed now with the FCC filing?

Actually, she doesn't say it isn't dual core. She says "it's 1GHz as are most of our LTE phones with the exception of the Bionic which is dual core." So maybe it's a suggestive statement by exclusion. Clearly she's a Verizon rep, not Samsung as she refers to the phones at CES as "our phones". Add to that the fact that the Exynos just went into production this month, it's perfectly conceivable that the pre-production handset at CES was running with a Hummingbird processor with the lack of availability early on.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Yeah that who TB mess is making me a little nervous.

So you seem pretty definite on this over the Bionic. What's the big pull over the Bionic?
Exynos. Super AMOLED PLUS (with green and blue tints fixed) hoping for Kies via WiFi

The hardware is topnotch. The Exynos is the biggest draw for me though. The screen is an added bonus.

These Galaxy S phones are gaining some traction and I think Samsung is stepping up to the plate and pumping out some great hardware with these Galaxy S handsets. I wasn't impressed with the first round of their handsets but they got my attention now.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just hope VZW gets this first... instead of me having to drool over it on another carrier.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I just hope VZW gets this first... instead of me having to drool over it on another carrier.

I know what you mean. Well I think it's about time for us to get something first so maybe this is it.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
@kyler you always bring great insight to these threads. You're absolutely correct about the Exynos and the pre-production units. In other news they both had 1500mAh batteries in them but will be equiped with 1650mAh from what I understand as well.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Maybe now that the Thunderbolt has finally gotten a release date we can start finding out more about this and other phones. I'm glad they finally announced it so now we can move on to some of the "superphones".

kyler13

Reaction score
@kyler you always bring great insight to these threads. You're absolutely correct about the Exynos and the pre-production units. In other news they both had 1500mAh batteries in them but will be equiped with 1650mAh from what I understand as well.

Thanks for the props! Yeah, I'm in the microelectronics manufacturing business and though I work on fabrication nowhere near the minimum gate length technology nodes as some of these SoC processors, I still find it pretty interesting (and fascinating). I was hoping with the thickness that the battery size would have been a bit bigger. I liked the idea of upwards of 1900 mAh like the Atrix. Oh well, still looks like a sweet phone, and I'm so enamored with the AMOLED display on my Incredible and the SA display on my wife's Continuum, I'm dying to see the SAP display. Hopefully in another month or two, this will be out in the wild!