More Details Emerge for Samsung Stealth V FCC Filing

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Guess we'll see when it comes out. Maybe it does have the Exynos but I'm inclined to believe it'll be the hummingbird. Why have both this and the galaxy S 2 unless the s2 isn't going to have LTE or something.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

kyler13

Reaction score
Guess we'll see when it comes out. Maybe it does have the Exynos but I'm inclined to believe it'll be the hummingbird. Why have both this and the galaxy S 2 unless the s2 isn't going to have LTE or something.

For starters, there's not much of a market outside the US for a CDMA/LTE phone. Even if the S2 was LTE capable (it's not), it would be an HSPA/LTE phone for worldwide consumption. Verizon is not getting that, and the world isn't getting Verizon's phone, so there's no conflict here in using dual core for the Stealth. That being said, it could easily be branded as an S2 family phone much as the four, carrier-unique S phones were part of the original Galaxy family. I can see Samsung, though, pushing the S2 this time around to AT&T and T-Mobile in its raw form for better recognition globally under one name.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Maybe. The S2 is better than the Stealth though so I hope they do like last time and put it out on all carriers in the U.S.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
For starters, there's not much of a market outside the US for a CDMA/LTE phone. Even if the S2 was LTE capable (it's not), it would be an HSPA/LTE phone for worldwide consumption. Verizon is not getting that, and the world isn't getting Verizon's phone, so there's no conflict here in using dual core for the Stealth. That being said, it could easily be branded as an S2 family phone much as the four, carrier-unique S phones were part of the original Galaxy family. I can see Samsung, though, pushing the S2 this time around to AT&T and T-Mobile in its raw form for better recognition globally under one name.
Correct. Since it is in the Galaxy family it will be sporting the Dual Core Exynos. Stealth is Verizons version of AT&T's Galaxy SII. Plus other verification that it is Dual core is because it records in full 1080p HD

Also talking console level graphics with this chip : )

Here's some info on it. Definitely buying this device

Samsung Stealth V with Verizon 4G LTE hits the FCC [Pics] | Android Community

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Well I'll definitely buy it if all this is true. I guess that means it will have Samoled 2 and a gig of ram also. I also like the buttons on this better. Definitely my dream phone. So CK, no more Bionic for you?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Well I'll definitely buy it if all this is true. I guess that means it will have Samoled 2 and a gig of ram also. I also like the buttons on this better. Definitely my dream phone. So CK, no more Bionic for you?

No chance for me and the Bionic. There's NO WAY I can pass this thing up : )

This handset is simply awesome. Pretty stoked about this one.

What about you?

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Definitely going to get this. Moto just rubs me the wrong way. The Bionic will more than likely be locked and the ram is too low. Ever since the S2 was announced it's been my dream phone. I even like the button configuration on this better. I'll be patiently waiting the release of this phone.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Super AMOLED Plus screen and they HAVE addressed the green and bluish tint. Bonus!

Rotas

Reaction score
I am seeing mixed things whether its dual core or not.

This looks like the phone, and she didn't mention dual core.
just a 1ghz processor.
[video=youtube;_M559UHtGlk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M559UHtGlk[/video]

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
It shoots 1080p...it has a 1GHZ Dual Core to support that.

Sent from my Droid