More Details Emerge for Samsung Stealth V FCC Filing

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Stealth_V_FCC.png

We've got a little bit more 'intel' now about the Samsung "Stealth" that we told you about last week. For one, it's full name will be the Samsung Stealth V, and we have a more detailed FCC filing pic above. Furthermore, we have some more detailed specs for you:
  • Samsung Orion Dual-Core Processor
  • 4.3″ Super-AMOLED Display
  • Back-Facing 8MP Camera and Forward-Facing 2MP Camera
  • Gingerbread (likely, but unconfirmed)
  • 4G Capable
This beast is due to hit the Verizon market in "Summer 2011." It would seem that Samsung is trying to throw some serious 'beef' into the competition, taking direct aim at the HTC Thunderbolt and the Motorola Atrix. Worthy competitor? Sound off in the forums.

Thanks to our tipster, DroidCoug!

Source: Android.net via ShoutReview.com

Last edited:

SoDroid

Reaction score
If Sammy pushed even somewhat timely updates over the air I would be all over this!

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
If there ends up being a decent dev community behind this one, and depending on reviews, I could possibly jump on an used one. Still not going to buy a new one to give Samsung the credit lol

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I didn't know they were planning on making this dual core. I might have to look at it if the dev community is behind it. Doesn't seem to be much different than the Galaxy S II. The only thing that worries me is that all the Tegra phones will be able to access Tegra Zone while even though the Exynos may have similar or better performance it won't be able to because it's not a Tegra. Don't want to be stuck not being able to play some games when the processor in my phone is just as capable as the people who are getting to play them.

Mooem

Reaction score
So this isn't Super AMOLED Plus like on the Galaxy S2?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Without knowing the other specs I have no real comment.

Ice Cream is going to be huge, and also probably the last real must-have Android update (within reason). When you look at some of what Honeycomb has that Froyo and Gingerbread don't, waiting a year or more for Sammy to push Ice Cream could be a major letdown, to put it mildly.

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
Yep interesting but Samsung has lost me until they show a track record of timely updates...

y0manda

Reaction score
Samsung needs to figure out their priority first. Is it appliances, televisions, computers, or cell phones. I have had bad experience with their ****ty appliances and their customer service, which leads me to believe ALL of their other products are not any different. Stop trying to be the leader at everything and focus more on CS and a quality product.

kyler13

Reaction score
Samsung needs to figure out their priority first. Is it appliances, televisions, computers, or cell phones. I have had bad experience with their ****ty appliances and their customer service, which leads me to believe ALL of their other products are not any different. Stop trying to be the leader at everything and focus more on CS and a quality product.

Can't say I agree. I have a Samsung fridge, microwave, 52" LCD TV, phone and monitor. Zero problems. Well, the TV went up about 8 months after I got it and they straight up replaced it with a brand new model. That was a year and a half ago.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
With that Exynos 4210 powering this thing. It will be one heck of a device. This is definitely one to watch.

Can you say POWERHOUSE : )

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Are we sure that it's the Exynos? Everything else I've seen has said it has a 1ghz hummingbird.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can't say I agree. I have a Samsung fridge, microwave, 52" LCD TV, phone and monitor. Zero problems. Well, the TV went up about 8 months after I got it and they straight up replaced it with a brand new model. That was a year and a half ago.

I feel ya. I got a Samsung 46" and 26" that I got in 2008 thats still going strong. I know the 46" shoulda died on me already. Just got a Blu Ray by them that I hope is good. I like their TV's and monitors...phones are a lil sketchy...

This phone is on my radar tho. I do hope its the Samsung chip. I'm desperate for some dual core comparisons with Tegra 2 for battery life.

If enough phones I like come to Verizon in the next months I might gotta re evaluate whether I will move to AT&T for better service.

If anything these new wave of Android phones are teaching me to be patient.

DigitalDK

Reaction score
Where is everyone getting this dual-core information? No where is it stated that it is running dual-core in the FCC filings, as well as numerous other sites stating against such facts also with little to back those facts up as well.

Not trying to be rude I'm just wondering, I would like this to be dual-core as much as the next guy I just would rather know facts rather then speculations.

kyler13

Reaction score
Where is everyone getting this dual-core information? No where is it stated that it is running dual-core in the FCC filings, as well as numerous other sites stating against such facts also with little to back those facts up as well.

Not trying to be rude I'm just wondering, I would like this to be dual-core as much as the next guy I just would rather know facts rather then speculations.

Droid Forums' source states it will recieve the Exynos for the final version. To date, we've only seen pre-production units at CES (with no confirmation from Samsung what was in the phone, just that it was 1 GHz) and now from the TechnoBuffalo tipster who claims it has a Hummingbird processor, but those could easily be test devices and not indicative of the final hardware, especially since it seems Samsung has been having problems with the Exynos yield. It's entirely possible they've been testing in the field for quite awhile now (since the Fall) with a Hummingbird processor, simply to work out the LTE functionality issues. The only thing I'm not certain of is whether or not processor changes are exempt from FCC testing, though the FCC unit could have been built with the dual core. There's just no way to know for sure, but it would be a huge bummer if they put an old processor circa early-2010 in a phone that may not be out for another few months.