More Car Home issues

leapfrog

Reaction score
Thanks in advance for the help. The car home mode on my a855 keeps launching. what i have done so far (based on this forum and others):

1. Rooted
2. Tried the numerous dock block apps (screen would still flash when the other app would catch the signal)
3. uninstalled carhome (phone still attempts to launch into carhome)
4. Did a full wipe/install with cyanogenmod-7.0.3
5. reinstalled gapps w/o car home inside the zip but phone still attempts to lauch the car home app (cannot find it on the phone)

Any other thoughts or suggestions? This is not a phone holster issue with a magnet. the phone launches into car home constantly now and is essentially unusable. Thanks!

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
So you HAVE tried a COMPLETE wipe as in, Data+Cache+Dalvik ? Try deleting the android_secure folder. Don't worry, your phone will make another one when it reboots. The android_secure folder is on your sd card by the way. You can also try this:

Reboot into recovery
Do a Nand Backup
Do a FULL wipe (all 3 that I mentioned above)
Reflash ROM
Reflash gapps
Reboot phone
After the sign in screen, you will get a screen to select which google apps you want to install, click "Cancel"
Once the phone get's to the homescreen, go into the Market and download the google apps that you want.

Hopefully this helps, I'm not 100% sure that it will though. You might end up having to SBF Flash the phone. Try this though and let me know what happens.