More Bluetooth woes

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by IIGood, Aug 17, 2010.

1. IIGood

IIGood Member

Ratings:
    +7
    In my car, I have a Kenwood DNX6140 head unit which has native Bluetooth. Since receiving my Droid X, I have been able to pair the two devices fairly successfully. Though recently, I noticed that after I would end a call, the Bluetooth connection would drop and would not automatically reconnect. I wasn't sure if it was an issue with the X or the stereo.

I did notice there was a Bluetooth software update for the head unit from Kenwood. I was on version 1.7; they were up to 3.1. I did the update over the weekend and now I can maintain connectivity between the two devices.

However, now my phone book doesn't "sync" to the head unit properly. It only pulls over a handful of contacts and it displays them oddly. And I don't know which part of the phone it's pulling them from...it's like it's showing some of my Gmail contacts or something...certainly not my conventional phone contacts.

I don't know if anybody might have an answer for this, but I just wanted to throw it out there. I'm kinda hoping FroYo will help take care of the BT issues from the Droid's side...I'll just have to wait and see for that.

2. corey99699

corey99699 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im having this same problem with my droid 2,only the kenwood shows none of my contacts.did you ever find a fix?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

3. sbergdor

sbergdor New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was told by my installer the phonebook wont synch because the contacts are stored "in the cloud" and not on the phone itself.
    I went into contacts and copied them all onto the SD card and have had no errors so far.

Search tags for this page
dnx6140 android
dnx6180 android phone blue tooth
htc 1 compatibility with kenwood dnx6140
is a galaxy s4 active compatible with kenwood dnx6180
kenwood dnx6140 bluetooth module update
kenwood dnx6140 bluetooth problems

kenwood dnx6140 bluetooth update

kenwood dnx6140 lost my bluetooth
kenwood dnx6180 bluetooth update
kenwood dnx6180 bluetooth update issues