more android touch sounds?

BuzzKillBob

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a way I can add different touch sounds to my arsenal? Like,my old LG dare had 6 or 7 I think and I am really getting tired of whatever the default sound is on android. Would love to have something like wood block or chime when I touch. Any response is appreciated. Thank you.

P.s. I'm on a rooted HTC DNA with stock Rom,if that helps.

OP
B

BuzzKillBob

Reaction score
Has no one had this idea yet? seriously? How can the most simple additions be overlooked?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Are you looking for notification sounds? If so Zedge has a big selection...

Noted2x..

OP
B

BuzzKillBob

Reaction score
TOUCH SOUNDS. >>>>TOUCH<<<< sounds. Sounds that happen when I touch the screen.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Haha.. I think I missed that part... Hopefully someone with a DNA can come in to answer.. On my Note 2 they are located in system/media/UI but I'm sure it's not the same.. Root explorer or similar app can be used to moved sound files to folder once we locate where...

Noted2x..

OP
B

BuzzKillBob

Reaction score
I found my folder. Its under system/media/audio/ui. But they are all in ogg format. I can download the sounds that I want and just swap the files out but how to I properly make them into the needed ogg file?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Awesome.. Same location as my phone... Nice

Where are you pulling the sound? Do you have a link? I'm on the go but I'm sure it will be easy..

Noted2x..

OP
B

BuzzKillBob

Reaction score
I'm editing them out of random stuff I find with a ringtone cutter. I found some good ones but haven't tried just renaming them yet. I found an audio converter on the play store that says it can convert whatever to ogg. Should i use that or just try to rename them.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
From my experience, renaming them will either work or not work. I've even taken whole mp3 songs & used them as alarm sounds without renaming them. But if you have an app, that should work. I haven't broken anything by doing this.

Tapped from a Nexus

OP
B

BuzzKillBob

Reaction score
I tried renaming one but it didn't work. I'm gonna try the app next.
Just for funny comments sake,I'm changing my keyboard sounds to peter griffin laughing for the letters,quagmire saying giggity for the space bar,stewie saying damn for the delete button and and I'm looking for one of them saying YES for the enter button.