Monster Bluetooth "Clarity HD" Desktop Speakerphone.

Serpico

DF News Team
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ANDRAC.co
Picked on of these up about a week ago and wanted to give you my impressions:
  1. I have had a dozen calls and most participants think I am on my work Cisco VoIP conference speaker phone: minor echo, high clarity.
  2. Sound on my side is wonderful - slight bass and perfect voice quality.
  3. Beats the snot out of any in device speaker on calls.
  4. Charges via USB (no additional chargers).
  5. Resembles the speaker box Bosley had on his desk when Charlie called in "Hello Angeles!" :)
  6. NOT good for playing music! It's not really meant for that even though they may imply that - kinda flat lol!
Great device, only $99 but you can find it cheaper if you look. Voice quality on both sides is better than most I have tried. A definite keeper.

sam0821v.jpg

Tawse

Reaction score
Once I downloaded an Equalizer App - the speaker got MUCH better. Highly recommend it :)

Last edited:

mleber

Reaction score
Did you get this to work with a RAZR Maxx? I bought one ($53, Amazon) primarily for music/video audio but it would be a bonus if I could use it with phone calls. My Maxx does not recognize it for use with phone calls. It says it's connected to phone and media audio both but it is actually not connected to phone audio.

Anything that I could try? Thanks!

Picked on of these up about a week ago and wanted to give you my impressions:
  1. I have had a dozen calls and most participants think I am on my work Cisco VoIP conference speaker phone: minor echo, high clarity.
  2. Sound on my side is wonderful - slight bass and perfect voice quality.
  3. Beats the snot out of any in device speaker on calls.
  4. Charges via USB (no additional chargers).
  5. Resembles the speaker box Bosley had on his desk when Charlie called in "Hello Angeles!" :)
  6. NOT good for playing music! It's not really meant for that even though they may imply that - kinda flat lol!
Great device, only $99 but you can find it cheaper if you look. Voice quality on both sides is better than most I have tried. A definite keeper.

sam0821v.jpg

OP
Serpico

Serpico

DF News Team
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ANDRAC.co
Did you get this to work with a RAZR Maxx? I bought one ($53, Amazon) primarily for music/video audio but it would be a bonus if I could use it with phone calls. My Maxx does not recognize it for use with phone calls. It says it's connected to phone and media audio both but it is actually not connected to phone audio.

Anything that I could try? Thanks!

Yeah I use it almost daily with my Maxx. Not sure what to suggest since all I did was pair it and it worked fine from day one. First two things that come to mind are:
  1. Are you rooted? If rooted and running a custom ROM perhaps causing that may be the cause?
  2. May be a bad/defective Clarity HD?
That's all I have, sorry! :blink:

mleber

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I am not rooted, just the straight up ICS. I am a little concerned, I did email their tech support for a few reasons:

Just got the unit yesterday, fully charged it, paired it up with my phone, used it for an hour or so yesterday, turned it off last night and it was dead this morning, have it charging again. It didn't "self reconnect" today as the manual says it will, no big deal but it wouldn't even reconnect, I had to unpair it and go through the re-pairing process again. And it clearly is not connecting to my phone for calls. I'll give it a day or two and see what happens. Perhaps the battery life improves with continued use too.

Yeah I use it almost daily with my Maxx. Not sure what to suggest since all I did was pair it and it worked fine from day one. First two things that come to mind are:
  1. Are you rooted? If rooted and running a custom ROM perhaps causing that may be the cause?
  2. May be a bad/defective Clarity HD?
That's all I have, sorry! :blink:

OP
Serpico

Serpico

DF News Team
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ANDRAC.co
Thanks for the quick reply. I am not rooted, just the straight up ICS. I am a little concerned, I did email their tech support for a few reasons:

Just got the unit yesterday, fully charged it, paired it up with my phone, used it for an hour or so yesterday, turned it off last night and it was dead this morning, have it charging again. It didn't "self reconnect" today as the manual says it will, no big deal but it wouldn't even reconnect, I had to unpair it and go through the re-pairing process again. And it clearly is not connecting to my phone for calls. I'll give it a day or two and see what happens. Perhaps the battery life improves with continued use too.

Mine doesn't "self connect" per-se - I have to hit "Connect" under BT settings on the RAZR. Don't have to repeat the delete/pair routine though. I turn off the device overnight using the soft button on the top right.

mleber

Reaction score
I completely shut mine down last night with the on/off in the back. Turned it on this morning, it's still an option on my phone under bluetooth but when I hit connect, it would not. That's when I had to re-pair it. I just did the soft on and off like you suggest and it paired back up AND it also started working with the phone audio! Go figure. Hopefully the weirdness was a fluke and it will be ok now.

Thanks!

Mine doesn't "self connect" per-se - I have to hit "Connect" under BT settings on the RAZR. Don't have to repeat the delete/pair routine though. I turn off the device overnight using the soft button on the top right.