Monkey see Monkey do: S8 no headphone jack?

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
Don't forget Driving Mode Pere, still don't think anyone else offers that. And the fact that some of the features we all enjoy in stock Android today originated in the Moto App in 2013 (DND, attentive display, Active Display, OK Google always on tap, etc.).

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I wish active display stood with Motorola. Samsung and LG doesn't use them right and still have there LED light at same time.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Let's not forget the Moto Smart Actions. Brillitant! (imho)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Which was the precursor to the Moto App. Very useful.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I am waiting for Moto Z 2 I skipped the Moto x 2nd generation didn't like it in 2014. Thought the droid turbo was truly the Moto x 2nd gen.

Worked in Cex us tested it and it wasn't initially the daily driver for me and sold it.
I can say the Moto Z 2nd gen need to add 4,400 mah it will be best. I just need a phone like droid maxx from 2013 that lasted me 3 days on one battery charged and SOc of 8 hours without modification.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Thats Post from a User, not Lenovo/Moto. One Thing that They Will need to do Going Forward is Keep the Overall Shap and Size the Same if they want the Moto Mods to Be Compatible with ALL Z Line. Unless they are getting rid of the Front Fingerprint Reader a 6.1" LCD is not Realistic. Current Mods would not fit or would Look Awkward. Love my Z Force.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thats Post from a User, not Lenovo/Moto. One Thing that They Will need to do Going Forward is Keep the Overall Shap and Size the Same if they want the Moto Mods to Be Compatible with ALL Z Line. Unless they are getting rid of the Front Fingerprint Reader a 6.1" LCD is not Realistic. Current Mods would not fit or would Look Awkward. Love my Z Force.
Let's hope they keep the 2nd Gen Z Series the same basic size and shape so our mods from this year work on next year's phones. That would be a disaster, and frustrate a lot of people if we had to buy all new mods in 2017.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
That was me I did concept on next Motorola back in 2013. They made my concept reality I suggest then 5.2 to 5.4 inches. Motorola put 5.2 inches on 2nd on Moto the battery I suggest on droid turbo and the screen size on droid turbo 2.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Let's hope they keep the 2nd Gen Z Series the same basic size and shape so our mods from this year work on next year's phones. That would be a disaster, and frustrate a lot of people if we had to buy all new mods in 2017.

If they keep it the same might as well up the specs with battery life. My Moto x 3rd gen or style isn't great . I had better battery on LG g3.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score

I agree...I had to use new wall charger/ car charger/adapter for earbuds and of course new case which I always have to get with new phone. I'd hate to think that there would be new mods available for next year that I want, but wouldn't be compatible with my 2016 z force. / Let's hope that they will respect us early buyers of "the mod generation"!

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
According to Moto They are supposed to have Mods going forward Compatible with all Gens. this will Doom the Mods if each Gen Changes. Im not investing hundreds in Mods and not be able to change phones to latest and greatest.

This seems to derailed the original Topic. lol