Money for Phones

jerryc41

Reaction score
If you have an old cell phone that you don't need, you can get cash for it. The better, newer, more popular the phone, the more you will get. You can also get money for other electronics. I've gotten $165.89 for each of three iPhones, and $57.42 each for two Blackberries. I sent in two more phones a few days ago.

Go to cexchange.com and look up your item. If it's not listed, then you're out of luck. You have to tell them what kind of condition it's in, and they are very particular. I've been marked down one step on a couple of items. It can take two months, or more, to get the check, but they have always come through for me.

You have nothing to lose, not even the postage, so take a look.

Jerry

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Verizon doesn't give you anything unless its a current generation phone.

Sent from my DROIDX

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Verizon doesn't give you anything unless its a current generation phone.

Sent from my DROIDX
Really? And you say this based on what exactly? The reason I ask...I just checked Verizons Trade In page linked above, and according to the appraisal, they will give me $52 for my HTC Touch. I am quite sure that since this device is well over 2 years old, you cant consider it a "current generation" phone...would you?

https://www.trade-in.vzw.com/Acceptance_Page.aspx

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
based on the fact they give $0 for samsung schi760 smartphone or samsung glyde mediaphone.

ruinah

Reaction score
best buy also has a trade in. You have the choice of a check or a BB gift card.

http://www.bestbuytradein.com

They take all sorts of stuff too not just phones. I send back all our old phones at work for gift cards and my team splits the cards up. I figure they work on them for users, why not get money back? They give decent monies back.

dyrelogan

Reaction score
Just for giggles I appraised my Droid X. $124.00. Hardly enough to put towards another phone, especially if you are still locked into a 2 year contract. I went to the Best Buy site and this is what I got for the estimate:

Gift Card Value: $203.00
Mail Check Value: $132.00

Gift card might be the better route cause you can still use that towards a new phone.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just for giggles I appraised my Droid X. $124.00. Hardly enough to put towards another phone, especially if you are still locked into a 2 year contract. I went to the Best Buy site and this is what I got for the estimate:

Gift Card Value: $203.00
Mail Check Value: $132.00

Gift card might be the better route cause you can still use that towards a new phone.

or even better just sell it on ebay when your ready. Droid X's go anywhere from 350 - 500 dollars all day long on ebay.

the original droid is going anywhere from 250 - 400 still