Moisture indicator location??

Rogus

Reaction score
Where is/are the moisture indicator(s) on the Turbo?

I've found online photos on most other Motorola phones, but not the Turbo.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Honestly I don't know of any but they may be in there somewhere. There doesn't appear to be any on the inside of the back cover.

Don't forget, it's supposed to be "splash resistant", so maybe it's against the ethical function and advertisement to have moisture sensors.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

OP
R

Rogus

Reaction score
I figured if anybody would know it would likely be you FK. Thanks for the response.

Seems there are online photos and/or information of location for other phones, but I couldn't find any whatsoever for the DT. I'm not sure the DT has them, but since every other phone seems to I figure it must. How else would Verizon determine whether a warranty was void due to liquid damage?

Someone must know the answer. Which is why I turned to the experts here!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Found one... See bottom left corner (you'll see some red).

Moisture sensor.JPG
Moisture sensor zoomed.jpg
Moisture sensor zoomed 4.JPG

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Found another...

Top left after antenna parts removed to expose the camera board;

Moisture sensor 2.JPG
Moisture sensor 2 zoomed.JPG

OP
R

Rogus

Reaction score
I searched for a couple of hours and couldn't find anything. You're smarter than I am. Thanks a bunch.

So, unlike many other phones, the indicator is not visible without removing the back cover. That makes it difficult to know whether to proceed with a warranty claim not knowing if the problem was caused by moisture which would cause them to reject the warranty claim and charge you the retail price for the replacement they sent you. I was hoping I could check and make sure before I did anything.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Yes, and not just the back but further disassembly after removing the back to get the antenna section out of the way and see the other one at the top of the phone on the main board. SNEAKY!!! ;)

OP
R

Rogus

Reaction score
Wait...are you taking apart your phone to check? If so, you are going way beyond to help out!!! I thought you had found the photos online. Doesn't removing the back cover void the warranty on the phone?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Full board, showing both sensors, one at top left, one at bottom right on the main board.

Full board.JPG

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HAHAH, no, although I have disassembled other phones I've yet to take my turbo apart. These came from;

I simply did pauses and then screen captures. :D

Google is your friend!! LOL!

OP
R

Rogus

Reaction score
Funny, that's the video I was watching as I was waiting for your reply about whether it was your phone in the photos and to see how hard it would be to remove the cover to check the indicators before proceeding with a warranty claim.

Again thanks for you help!

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Phrase that should scare anybody:
Dracula: "you got something on your neck..... Lemme take a close look"
Wolfman: "is that a cavity on my tooth? Get a little closer for a better look"
FoxKat: "lemme see your phone, I'll show you where them moisture indicators are at.... This'll only take a second.... Can I borrow that hammer?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
That makes it difficult to know whether to proceed with a warranty claim not knowing if the problem was caused by moisture which would cause them to reject the warranty claim

So you got your phone wet, and now it doesn't work and you're hoping those things didn't turn so you can claim it?

OP
R

Rogus

Reaction score
So you got your phone wet, and now it doesn't work and you're hoping those things didn't turn so you can claim it?

That's what I'm trying to find out. I'm not the only one who uses the phone. I can look at it and kind of get an idea if it's been dropped by the condition of the body and the screen. It's perfect without a scratch on either. In order to determine whether it's a warranty replacement or an insurance replacement, I was hoping it would be easy to look at the moisture indicators. If they're activated I know to go with insurance. Unfortunately, I can't look without voiding the warrant by removing the back. Just trying to figure out which direction to head and I don't think it should be so difficult for an owner of a phone to determine.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
That's what I'm trying to find out. I'm not the only one who uses the phone. I can look at it and kind of get an idea if it's been dropped by the condition of the body and the screen. It's perfect without a scratch on either. In order to determine whether it's a warranty replacement or an insurance replacement, I was hoping it would be easy to look at the moisture indicators. If they're activated I know to go with insurance. Unfortunately, I can't look without voiding the warrant by removing the back. Just trying to figure out which direction to head and I don't think it should be so difficult for an owner of a phone to determine.
It is unfortunate it isn't easier to determine.