MOG still installed on JB

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by HowardL168, Apr 18, 2013.

1. HowardL168

HowardL168 New Member

Advertising indicated previously pre-installed apps Sling and MOG would be removed with the update, yet I still have MOG loaded...can I (should i) remove it manually?
  2. sst45jeff

sst45jeff Member

Yes just remove it manually. This came up during the soak with several people also still having apps that were supposed to be removed with the update. All of them reported removeing the apps they did not want manually with no problems.
    The difference is now you can manually remove them in Jelly bean. Before in ICS there was no option to remove them just disable them. dancedroid
    1 person likes this.
  3. Scribble

Scribble New Member

Yeah they probably didn't want to straight uninstall it from people's phones... I mean bloatware or not, there are probably still people who use it/would raise all sorts of hell if Verizon suddenly uninstalled it.
  4. HowardL168

HowardL168 New Member

And there won't be a problem, if I ever need to FDR, that their pre-installed software won't be there?
  5. jhom

jhom Member

There shouldn't be any problems. With ICS, I deleted several apps such as Lets Golf and Blockbuster. It didn't hinder the JB update on my phone.
  6. jssmith76

jssmith76 New Member

I've been having some issues with ROM Toolbox. I haven't been at to freeze or uninstall any programs. Both in ICS and in JB. Is this because I got the free "lite" version and I need to upgrade to the paid version, or could there be something else that's going on?

Thanks,
    Josh
  7. sst45jeff

sst45jeff Member

no there wont be any problem, it will update just fine if you need to at a later date. The only time uninstalling apps gives you problems is if you do it with a third party app. If you can remove the app through the stock operating system than it is all right.
  8. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

That's great, but I did find that apps like Slacker Radio and NFL Mobile now only let you install updates, not disable.
Search tags for this page

bionic disable mog

bionic mog

mog android wont install or uninstall

mog galaxy s3 problems

mog hack android 2013

mog jb

sling and mog