1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

@Mods-Support subsection within Hacks?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Newton122189, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Newton122189

Newton122189 New Member

There really needs to be sub forums within the hacks section, one for support and one for hacks, there are so many "need help" threads right now that i cant even see if there are any legitimately new hacks, just a suggestion to the mods, we should probably have a hacks support section to funnel some of the threads to
  2. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

Let me run it by everyone. You certainly have a good point.

Hacks is getting widely popular and more traffic than we expected.
  3. agent42o

agent42o New Member

On the same note, I was wondering if we could get a section for guides (or the guides stickied), I love this place but over the past week it has just gotten assaulted with "How do I root my phone" requests, and those posts actually drop the noob guides down to the second or sometimes third page.

Just a thought.
  4. Newton122189

Newton122189 New Member

yeah its been really busy the last couple weeks, im glad its gaining popularity its just getting hard to navigate
  5. cereal killer

guides would go into the support section.

Hacks should be it's own entity. No how to's or "I need help".

Would you guys recommend just making it purely for picking up hacks/roms?

A place strictly for devs to put their word so to speak?

The only thing I would worry about is that the support area may get neglected and people would not get help.

I may be wrong........

Do you guys think members would still get great help if we separate it? Because as it stands now they get great support. I'd hate to alienate them. It wouldn't be fair.
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  6. Newton122189

Newton122189 New Member

i feel like support help would actually be easier and more directed because anyone looking in there either wants to help or needs help but thats just me
  7. Sam

Sam Premium Member Premium Member

support questions would get bumped up under "new posts" like everything else.. shouldn't be a problem getting exposure..

i like the idea of splitting things up a bit more..
  8. JimMariner

JimMariner New Member

Ok then, you guys who are in here all the time, make a discussions thread here in the Hack Zone. Once you think you have ironed it all out. Let either Cereal or Sam know when you are ready. We will then forward it up the food chain here for further review.

We will need sub forums structure, content, descriptions. So we may use it for a guide in the final product of making this happen.

Would this work ?

I can't promise this will happen.
    But I see 2 Smod's and one Admin who think it has merit.
  9. Sam

Sam Premium Member Premium Member

what about three more sections under the "Droid Discussions" board titled
    1: App Support
    2: ROM support
    3: i was gonna say hardware support (muh camera button came off!! helpz me plz!!), but that could fall under "tech issues" at the top.. so really just two added?

would that clean it up enough?
  10. JimMariner

JimMariner New Member

I think this should be in the Hacks Main forum as sub forums. Since all of this will be Hack related in one way or the other.

But this is only my thoughts, on it all.
  11. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

I think this would be a great idea. People have been going nuts in this forum asking for noob help.....I think definitely that a support forum would be successful, because think, look how the forum has blew up the past couple weeks. Its only going to become more and more popular, and this forum will probably become more and more flooded with this kind of stuff. And like someone mentioned earlier, the people that go into that support forum are either looking for help with something, or looking to see if they can answer someones questions about something. I know that that is one of the main reasons I get on Droid Forums, I always try to see if I can help people and answer their questions...so I know there has to more people like that, I know I would support the support forum and make sure peoples questions get answered, or at least try to answer them if I can...
  12. Newton122189

Newton122189 New Member

i agree completely, i too get on sometimes just to help people out but then sometimes im actually tryin to get the latest and greatest for my own hacking needs, i definitely think the sub forum within hacks is better than just its own main section, the way i have seen it done other place would be that you would click on "Droid Hacks" and then have the choice for "General Hacks" or "Hacks Support & FAQ" and then you pick which one you want, but when lets say... you are viewing the "General Hacks" section at the top of that section, above the stickies, there is a newest thread view that shows the newest thread from the "Hacks Support & FAQ" section and vice versa

i think this would allow for separate sections to eliminate clutter but also still good visibility for both sections
  13. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

That's the 2 main reasons I come to this site, to get cool new hacks to make my Droid perform better, and to help other people with problems if I can....and then also to get any latest news on the Droid too...but yeah I think this would help a lot in the clutter of the forum...
  14. agent42o

agent42o New Member

This is a great idea all around. I don't mind answering questions, but the reason I check every day has more to do with wanting to see what development is done. And the recent run of "help me, I don't know how to read instructions" is probably driving a few people insane.
  15. Newton122189

Newton122189 New Member

just a little

edit: sometimes i just wish people would read a litttllleee bit more because im sure they would find what they are looking for, but its all good, i dont mind pointin' em in the right direction
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  16. blake2050

blake2050 New Member

I concur with all this. what I would like to see is something of this sort:

DROID HACKS
    -Downloads
    -Tutorials / guides
    -Help / Explanations
    -Sources (links to stuff like adb, drivers, etc..)
    -News
  17. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Yes, something like this would be very beneficial
  18. Newton122189

Newton122189 New Member

that might be a little too specific, you dont want a million different sections cuz then there wont be enough people looking at each section and then threads will get overlooked, i think 2 sections would be enough to separate it but thats just me

for instance i feel like Tutorials/Guides & Help/Explanation can all just be one section and then Sources/Links, News, and Downloads can be another sections, that way you go to find out about new stuff in one spot and then you find tutorials and support in another spot, that way its not so overrun with "help me!!!!" threads
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  19. cereal killer

This is my thoughts as well 2 sections. Easy to navigate and easy to direct people to certain threads if overlooked.
  20. cystic

cystic New Member

this has my vote

Search tags for this page

droid hacks and mods