[Mods] JakebitesModsv19 Galaxy Nexus LTE/GSM

combatmedic870

Reaction score
not my work

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/12563-mods-jakebitesmodsv19-galaxy-nexus-ltegsm/

JakebitesModsv19 for the Galaxy Nexus LTE/GSM

What is it?
A collection of mods I've found/used for quite a while now including:

-Busybox selector, between 1.17.2 and 1.19.0 at the moment. Will expand selection moving forward with updates. (1.19.0 is installed when flashing in recovery)
-Check mods menu
-Sysctl mods
-Cron mods
-Ziplaign Apks mod
-Disable logcat mod(increase performance, possibly saves battery)
-System speed up mod(Been testing in ICS, hard to notice a difference but I included it anyways)
-Enable init.d support for Roms without it
-Option to disable and re-enable mods
-Softboot option(May not work yet)
-Reboot option
-Donate option
smile.png

How do I use this mod?
1) First, you will need to download it with the link provided below.

2) Next, install it in clockworkmod recovery

3) If your phone rebooted on the reboot coming from recovery then your Rom supports init.d on its own and the mods have been activated. You can also check the build number in About phone to see if it includes "+JBMvXX." Skip to step #6

4) If your phone did not reboot on the reboot coming from recovery and your build number in About phone does not include "+JBMvXX" then your Rom does not support init.d support. Lucky for you I have included a way to enable init.d on your device!

5) Open up terminal emulator and type the following to enable init.d support:

su
modcentral

You should now see the modcentral main menu, select the option which allows you to enable init.d support. It will ask if you accept and run the script, then prompt for a reboot. If all went well then your phone should reboot twice and then boot up. You should now be able to see "+JBMvXX" in the build number in About phone.

6) To toggle individual mods, check mods, change busybox's, etc. you will need to go to the modcentral main menu. You can do this by opening up terminal emulator and typing this:
su
modcentral

Here you will be able to have full control over all of the mods installed on your phone! All in all, there should be an increase in performance and battery life which may or may not be noticeable. Please feel free to leave and feedback and report bugs. Enjoy!

Much of my work was derived from the work of Imoseyon. He is an awesome dev!

Screenshot:

2llhoo4.png

Download:
JakebitesModsv19-Gnexus.zip

md5sum: 1634d6df7d2db0068f7d4cd52332272f

Please note that I have thoroughly tested this on my own device, but no one else's as of now. If you are one of the first to flash this initial version, you should consider yourself a tester.

I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device, flashing this is a choice that you have made and if something breaks it is not my fault.

SOURCE: ROOTZWIKI

rabbitfoot

Reaction score
thank you for this!

i have a question: if your phone doesn't reboot after the install, how would you type those into terminal emulator? i tried doing this with adb (adb shell modcentral) with /system and /data mounted, and though the options appeared i could not choose "8" as an option.

i tried booting my phone in safe mode, but then there's no terminal emulator app.

thank you!

best,
rf

ps. i ran into this issue on android revolution hd 2.1.1

*edit* i suppose if you boot into safe mode and have terminal emulator installed in /system it should be show up.

rabbitfoot

Reaction score
i moved terminal emulator to /system then booted in safe mode but it wouldn't work.

any way of getting this to work in adb or suggestions for those of us on Android Revolution 2.11?

thank you!

-rf

Sent from my BNTV250 using DroidForums