Mods: Can you please lock duplicate topics instead of combining them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidsixseven

Reaction score
Is it just me or are the mods on this board overly enthusiastic about combining threads. Do they honestly think it helps to have one gigantic thread?

Seriously, how about just locking duplicate threads instead. Most boards I'm on will just lock the duplicate topics and let them fall off the first page naturally.

I'm not going to split hairs about what should and shouldn't be considered a duplicate topic. I think that's a little out of hand too, but I can at least understand it. This combining stuff is just crazy confusing though.

I'm new to this community but not to forums and I might look elsewhere if this confusing combining stuff is the norm.

I'm sure this will be locked, deleted, moved but please at least take the criticism for what it is -- a request to make the forum easier to understand. Whatever you are doing right now is not helpful.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or are the mods on this board overly enthusiastic about combining threads. Do they honestly think it helps to have one gigantic thread?

Seriously, how about just locking duplicate threads instead. Most boards I'm on will just lock the duplicate topics and let them fall off the first page naturally.

I'm not going to split hairs about what should and shouldn't be considered a duplicate topic. I think that's a little out of hand too, but I can at least understand it. This combining stuff is just crazy confusing though.

I'm new to this community but not to forums and I might look elsewhere if this confusing combining stuff is the norm.

I'm sure this will be locked, deleted, moved but please at least take the criticism for what it is -- a request to make the forum easier to understand. Whatever you are doing right now is not helpful.

Because when we do that we get complaints about "why couldn't you have merged it." Our policy is merge when we can and then when we can't we lock them.

Status
Not open for further replies.