Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Modifying Nexus LWP In 10 Simple Steps:
Software needed:

1. Notepad++
2. Photo Editing Software (I use gimp)
3. 7 zip or a similar program is helpful

Step 1) Download the LiveWallpapers.zip (see below)

Step 2) Open the LiveWallpapers.zip/res/drawable-hdpi

Step 3) Drag and drop nexus_thumb.jpg and pyramid_background.png to your desktop

Step 4) Open LiveWallpapers.zip/res/raw

Step 5) Drag and drop nexus.rs to your desktop

Step 6) Modify the pyramid_background.png using your photo editing software and the nexus_thumb.jpg to your liking (try to make the nexus_thumb.jpg look the same as your pyramid_background.png)

Step 7) Open nexus.rs in notepad++ and navigate to the following section

void setColor(int c) {
if (c == 0) {
// yellow
color(1.0f, 0.8f, 0.0f, 0.8f);
} else if (c == 1) {
// red
color(1.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f);
} else if (c == 2) {
// green
color(0.0f, 0.8f, 0.0f, 0.8f);
} else if (c == 3) {
// blue
color(0.0f, 0.4f, 0.8f, 1.0f);
}
}

Step 8) Change the colors to your liking and save the nexus.rs file.

- You do this by changing this section: color(0.0f, 0.4f, 0.8f, 1.0f)
- Colors can be found here
- To determine the color divide each number by 255
- The last number is alpha transparency (0.0f, 0.4f, 0.8f, 1.0f) *1.0 is fully visable and 0.0 is invisible*

- Example: Cyan is 0-255-255 so the code you would enter would be color(0.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f)

Step 9) Drag and drop your images in LiveWallpapers.zip/res/drawable-hdpi and the nexus.rs file into LiveWallpapers.zip/res/raw

Step 10) Rename the file to LiveWallpapers.apk and use Root Explorer, adb shell, or terminal emulator to push the app back to your phone.

Download ESE81 base lwp Below

Attachments

• LiveWallpapers.zip
    947.7 KB · Views: 365
OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Reserved for repository

Download LiveWallpaper Pack HERE
*all live wallpapers below included*

LWP Bio Water
LWP T.A.R.D.I.S.
LWP LiveStrong

*credit to StarScream*

29pckrd.jpg
ay95w7.jpg
2ewgxmu.jpg

LWP Blue
LWP Green
LWP Red

1ymgrd.jpg
5tz8k5.jpg
j9bwwp.jpg

SuperNova LWP

11kxpwi.jpg
15367h1.jpg
11trh5h.jpg
34g965g.jpg

Neural Network

ncgies.jpg
108d7o2.jpg

Installation Instructions:

Type the following in adb shell or terminal emulator:

su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
busybox cp /sdcard/LiveWallpapers.apk /system/app
mount -o ro,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
sync

Please post your modified live wallpaper with a screen shot below for others to enjoy. It could also be included in my goodies folder if you agree to letting me use it.

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I like you instructions on how the colors are determined. This is the first time I have seen this with all the threads on creating live wallpapers. Now if you could just push these files via MM ;)

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So I was bored and decided to make some weird lwp.. Their pretty ugly to be honest but the nexus has over 150 colors and I made everything huge. I tried to make the water one look like lucky charms floating around in milk but I think I horribly failed.. Check it out and maybe someone can do better with the lucky charms.

Attachments

• LiveWallpapers.zip
    891.3 KB · Views: 209

marty4short

Reaction score
The lucky charms one is cool idea I loaded it up it doesn't look to bad. But would be awsome if someone could clean it up a bit

mattys2danes

Reaction score
First off I just want to say great work and thanks to jrummy...I tried to make my own royals lwp (yes I like them, and I'm aware they're no good :)...) I followed the instructions, but when I went to apply it, it wasn't in with the lwp..I had a lwp currently running when I pused to new one via root explorer. Is that my problem? Also when I edited the colors, I changed the numbers, but didn't change the lines above that had the color names (where it says blue,red, etc.) Does that pose to be a problem?...I can put my lwp up here if somebody wants to diagnose the problem...thanks guys

Nevermind, I figured it out, just messed with permissions and rebooted. Need to make some adjustments to it...ill post it later in cause a slim chance someone else is a royals fan

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
First off I just want to say great work and thanks to jrummy...I tried to make my own royals lwp (yes I like them, and I'm aware they're no good :)...) I followed the instructions, but when I went to apply it, it wasn't in with the lwp..I had a lwp currently running when I pused to new one via root explorer. Is that my problem? Also when I edited the colors, I changed the numbers, but didn't change the lines above that had the color names (where it says blue,red, etc.) Does that pose to be a problem?...I can put my lwp up here if somebody wants to diagnose the problem...thanks guys

Nevermind, I figured it out, just messed with permissions and rebooted. Need to make some adjustments to it...ill post it later in cause a slim chance someone else is a royals fan

Glad some people are trying it out.. It would be nice to get this thread going with a whole bunch of lwps.

Kack

Reaction score
Yeah i tried doing this and ive been at it for a while now and all i want is one like my avatar. with an allred background. guess i can work with it for a while more tomorrow.