Modified car dock= In car Droid video!

deek

Reaction score
What would be cool is if they made an APP to use while you have the car dock.
That can correctly calculate G's pulled, 1/4 mile, 0-60, etc.

I drive an Dodge SRT, so I wouldn't mind checking out what it can do on the open road.

iPirate

Reaction score
you cut off way too much, all i did was get a step drill and drill a hole the size of the camera and it works perfectly.

attachment.php

can you repost the picture? i wanted to make a hole for mine

eliassami5

Reaction score
There's more than one way to skin a cat...
I didn't want a random hole, so I cut the tab off (which wasn't even touching/supporting the phone) so it just clears the camera.

A random hole? lol it looks much better than your hacked up mount. And it may not be touching but that tab does add support when on a bumpy road and your dock is jumping up and down.

eliassami5

Reaction score
What would be cool is if they made an APP to use while you have the car dock.
That can correctly calculate G's pulled, 1/4 mile, 0-60, etc.

I drive an Dodge SRT, so I wouldn't mind checking out what it can do on the open road.

there is already an app that does that, its called my dyno or something like that.

Low Saturn

Reaction score
you cut off way too much, all i did was get a step drill and drill a hole the size of the camera and it works perfectly.

attachment.php

Your picture doesnt seem to be showing up, but by your description, it sounds like you did it similar to how I did.

IMG_20100821_154450.jpg

eliassami5

Reaction score
oh sorry, i dont know why the image wasnt showing up, i was confused by the other guys comment on reposting the pic cuz i could see it just fine..i guess no one else could.

IMG_20100821_113224.jpg

Low Saturn

Reaction score
oh sorry, i dont know why the image wasnt showing up, i was confused by the other guys comment on reposting the pic cuz i could see it just fine..i guess no one else could.

IMG_20100821_113224.jpg

Holy crap. They look itentical. If I didn't know any better, I'd think they're pictures of the same mount. :)

iPirate

Reaction score
How did you measure the position to drill? I would like to drill mine out :)

Low Saturn

Reaction score
How did you measure the position to drill? I would like to drill mine out :)

I put blue painters tape on the back of the phone above and to the side of where the camera lens is. I used enough that it wrapped around the edges of the phone. Then I drew a line straight up from the center of the lens and to the right from the center of the lens. Then poped the phone into the dock. With it in the dock you can see the markings on the tape. From there I drew lines straight down from the top marking and to the left from the right side marking on the back of the mount with a pencil. Where the lines crossed is where the center of the lens was.