Modified BB V 0.2.1 w/ Nextheme

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Elitimus, Jun 17, 2010.

1. HarshReality

HarshReality Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im thinking I just want the fonts lol

2. Elitimus

Elitimus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok. Did a complete wipe and install. Everything worked perfectly. I honestly don't know what the problem would be.

Elitimus

3. skaman9876

skaman9876 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just attempted to intall and same exact thing happend to me. I used rom manager like i always do. Coming from BB v1.1... clicked install from sd like i always do, obviously did wipe cache/data. Phone rebooted to clockwork said it installed everything. It did give me an error "no app2sd partition found. skipping format of /sd-ext." I didn't know i had to partition my sd card or anything, completely unaware of this. Then when it finished installing after that message phone auto-rebooted, hung on Motorola icon, screen blinked went back to motorola icon and hung again, then it just booted back into clockwork. That's as far as it would get. Any help would be more than appreciated i was really looking forward to getting this rom up and running tonight.

4. mentaloaf

mentaloaf Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, wouldn't work on mine either so I went back to pete's 0.2.1...BTW, that error message you noticed happens every time you install a rom, it's just part of the script it runs through, nothing to get alarmed about.

5. skaman9876

skaman9876 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the heads up mentaloaf. I just really like the nextheme i'm debating seeing if there is something else to try to get this rom going or just going stock theme with 0.2.1 or stay on 1.1 so many options

6. 0vermind

0vermind Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anybody know how to re-enable Apps2SD? Because it was working perfectly for me and I was running out of internal space.

Thanks!

Mike

7. skaman9876

skaman9876 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    how are you guys getting this to work? it was very unsuccessful for me :( maybe i'll give it another whirl with clockworkMod recovery and no rom manager...

8. Elitimus

Elitimus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm gonna pull the link on this. Too many people having problems and I haven't seen one person have success with it other than me. I apologize for wasting everyone's time. I was seriously trying to help. The same thing can be accomplished here by installing stock BB 0.2.1 and installing Nextheme by Fab from androidforums.com Sorry again guys.

Elitimus

9. skaman9876

skaman9876 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I really appreciate your efforts that was literally exactly what i wanted i'm just wondering what is different between my droid and yours that it doesn't want to work for us. There's no other steps or something else you could have done? I'm coming from 2.1 maybe that's why? I was really looking forward to it and again appreciate your efforts

10. Elitimus

Elitimus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can still have BB with Nextheme. You just need to install each seperately since my little mish mash of a themed rom ain't cooperatin. Honestly at this point I'd just install stock BB 0.2.1 and then install nextheme from here. Link That would be the least headache for you. I was just trying to save people some steps.

Elitimus

11. Quie2Droid

Quie2Droid Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Crap, I was just going to download and try this. I like what you did with the scripts of BB. Oh well. Thanks for your efforts.

12. Elitimus

Elitimus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think the way I incorporated the theme is what was causing the problem. I'll upload a modified BB 0.2.1 minus the theme right now. Then who ever can theme on there own. It will still have apps2sd disabled and no shut down scripts. I'll post a link when its finished uploading. You can get the nextheme from the link in my previous post. Fab did that and I know it works.

Elitimus