Modified BB V 0.2.1 w/ Nextheme

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Elitimus, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Elitimus

Elitimus New Member

This is a modified version of 0.2.1 with Nextheme already installed. I have removed Pete's shutdown scripts and disabled apps2sd. Those two features seemed to be causing the most problems so hopefully this will help some folks. Nextheme is there just because I like it :)

Edit: Link pulled. No one was having success with this other than me. Sorry folks. I tried.

Credit to Pete and Fabolous for the ROM and THEME files. Thanks guys!!

Elitimus

Link will go live when its done uploading......OK its done!
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  2. skaman9876

skaman9876 New Member

I've been trying to hold off as long as possible to install froyo. I'm very confident with pete and everyone else that works so hard to get these amazing roms up. I didn't want to give up the nextheme because i've come to love it. I think you might have been the push for me to finally try out froyo... how's it running for you? I'm still not entirely comfortable with all this, and really appreciate that people that help us people that are tech savvy just not when it comes to linux based programing :D
  3. Elitimus

Elitimus New Member

Its working great for me. I have had zero problems in the past hour its been on the phone.;) I've got a nexthemed pandora too if anyone needs it. Version 1.3 Honestly..what I did was nothing more than swapping some folders around and deleting/modifying a text file. Not anything close to what actual developers do.

Elitimus
  4. Lars1

Lars1 New Member

I just rooted my phone 10 minutes ago and I know nothing (but i can't wait to learn!)

Would you be so kind as to tell me how to install this ROM?

I would appreciate it!

BTW, I do have ROM manager installed.
  5. Elitimus

Elitimus New Member

Download the free version of ROM Manager from the market. Using that u can flash clockwork recovery. Download the themed rom i posted and copy it to your sdcard. You can then use the rom manager app to install the rom from the sdcard. I don't know what rom your coming from so if its something other than BB you may also want to wipe data and cache. You can google ROM Manager or search the forum if you want really detailed instructions. I'd say more but I'm about to grill some steaks. :icon_ banana:

Elitimus

Edit: Download laucherpro too. Much better home replacement.
  6. Lars1

Lars1 New Member

Thanks, I will give it a whirl.

If I have questions, I'll be back. Enjoy your steaks.

Thanks again.

FROYO here I come!!
  7. depdaDROID

depdaDROID New Member

I've been trying to install BBV0.2 over V0.1 with Rom manager and it seemed to complete the download but the build # on my droid remains V0.1 Any ideas what went wrong? I performed a back up and wiped data cache. In fact I tried the whole process twice and still no good. Then I tried to switch roms to Jrummy's newest froyo and followed all the same steps on rom manager and the same thing happened, download was completed..backed up and wiped data cache and when it rebooted I was still on BBV0.1. ?????????
  8. Lars1

Lars1 New Member

OK, I put this file on the root of my SD card, went into ROM manager and told it I wanted to install from SD Card. After reboot it went to Clockwork something and I selected install zip from SD card and selected the file. It said it was done so I rebooted.

When it comes back, it takes me right back to the ClockworkMod Recovery screen (v1.8.1.8).

What am I doing wrong?

Do I need to rename the file?
  9. mjh68

mjh68 New Member

Not that it should matter , but I think the newest CM is 1.8.1.9.. Otherwise sounds like you did what you were supposed to . I am downloading the file as we speak and will try to install.

Hmm.. yep same here .. sigh
  10. trebb

trebb New Member

The same thing is happening to me...ugh.
  11. mentaloaf

mentaloaf New Member

Don't rename the file, when you go into ROMmanager/installROM from Sd card/then scroll down and choose the file, once you touch the file you shouldn't have to do anything else....when it reboots into clockworkrecovery, don't touch anything and it should go through the installation itself.....
  12. Elitimus

Elitimus New Member

I installed this over BB 0.1 with a nextheme already applied and did not wipe data or cache. Let me do a complete wipe and install to see what happens for sanitys sake.

Elitimus
  13. HarshReality

HarshReality Member

Im thinking I just want the fonts lol
  14. Elitimus

Elitimus New Member

Ok. Did a complete wipe and install. Everything worked perfectly. I honestly don't know what the problem would be.

Elitimus
  15. skaman9876

skaman9876 New Member

I just attempted to intall and same exact thing happend to me. I used rom manager like i always do. Coming from BB v1.1... clicked install from sd like i always do, obviously did wipe cache/data. Phone rebooted to clockwork said it installed everything. It did give me an error "no app2sd partition found. skipping format of /sd-ext." I didn't know i had to partition my sd card or anything, completely unaware of this. Then when it finished installing after that message phone auto-rebooted, hung on Motorola icon, screen blinked went back to motorola icon and hung again, then it just booted back into clockwork. That's as far as it would get. Any help would be more than appreciated i was really looking forward to getting this rom up and running tonight.
  16. mentaloaf

mentaloaf New Member

Yeah, wouldn't work on mine either so I went back to pete's 0.2.1...BTW, that error message you noticed happens every time you install a rom, it's just part of the script it runs through, nothing to get alarmed about.
  17. skaman9876

skaman9876 New Member

thanks for the heads up mentaloaf. I just really like the nextheme i'm debating seeing if there is something else to try to get this rom going or just going stock theme with 0.2.1 or stay on 1.1 so many options
  18. 0vermind

0vermind New Member

Does anybody know how to re-enable Apps2SD? Because it was working perfectly for me and I was running out of internal space.

Thanks!

Mike
  19. skaman9876

skaman9876 New Member

how are you guys getting this to work? it was very unsuccessful for me :( maybe i'll give it another whirl with clockworkMod recovery and no rom manager...
  20. Elitimus

Elitimus New Member

I'm gonna pull the link on this. Too many people having problems and I haven't seen one person have success with it other than me. I apologize for wasting everyone's time. I was seriously trying to help. The same thing can be accomplished here by installing stock BB 0.2.1 and installing Nextheme by Fab from androidforums.com Sorry again guys.

Elitimus