1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Modding Stock (Rooted D2)

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Roms' started by stragabenz, Jun 1, 2011.

1. stragabenz

stragabenz New Member

I'm just interested in adding a theme and changing my font, what would be the easiest way? Is it possible to use a theme from a ROM and flash it or will it only work for that ROM...

p.s. I have metaphorph and used it before so any instructions would be helpful
  2. cyferhax

cyferhax New Member

MetaMorph is pretty much your answer here; any rom themes will probably just boot-loop your device since they will replace things like the services.jar with different versions then stock.

What you can do is download the themes, extract the icons you want to use, build a metamorph package for em and install that. I wish I could give you good directions to do that but its been over a year since I messed with MM last and all I did was modify existing packages with different icons.

Now for the system font; there are apps to replace that; I use Absolute System (paid app) but I'm sure there are a few free ones floating around, you should be able to do that NP on a stock rom.
  3. ldopa

ldopa New Member

Custom android font switcher will do the fonts for you. I use metamorph all the time.
    Dl mm
    Make sure it put a folder named AndroidThemes to the sd (this is the folder that mm uses.
    Go online and find icons that you want to use (pm me and I'll tell you the website you need to go to) I can't write it here!)
    Open mm, it will check for root access
    Click unzip/new project
    It will open the android themes folder with all the zip files you've downloaded (keep them zipped! Don't extract them. Mm will do that)
    Click the one you want and hit OK.
    It will install and ask you to reboot
    You should be good then
    There is the risk of bootloops because you are modifying framework files so make a nandroid backup in clockwork first (you should have done that right after rooting anyway!)
    enjoy

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz
  4. stragabenz

stragabenz New Member

alright thanks guys I will try the metamorph route and let you know how it goes...
  5. mingaldrichgan

mingaldrichgan New Member

6. cobjones

cobjones New Member

Does anyone know an easy way to change the clock color in the notification bar?

Ive tried several things, but cant get them to stay. I even flashed files from Apex and only get his icons to stick.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums