modding an apk

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by scooterpd, May 4, 2010.

1. scooterpd

scooterpd New Member

This is probably a stupid question, coming from a stupid noob. Is it possible to modify an apk. For instance, there are three different sms apps that I like and use. Is it possible to somehow combine the key features of each and make a single app that does it all? I like the lightweight and easy interface of ChompSMS, the customization of Handcent SMS, and the key feature of sending sms's at a scheduled date with FutureSMS2. Just wondering if this is possible/legal/frowned upon or what?
  2. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Editing graphics in an APK is super easy, depending on the app. However what you are talking about would be super hard, probably possible in a sense, but incredibly hard.
  3. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

If you good with using source codes then yes. But that is beyond my knowledge base.
  4. scooterpd

scooterpd New Member

Editing graphics in an APK sounds interesting, I will have to look into that. The whole super hard part though is a wee bit deterring. I will look further into it. If you have any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

I have written a few GUI-less C++ programs, and a couple of AutoHotKey scripts, but that's about it. I just want to combine key parts, so avoiding having to learn everything about Android source code would be great, but eventually I would want to develop from scratch. Any suggestions for a good starting point?
Search tags for this page

apk modding

hack into apk sourcecodes
mod ing apk

modding apk

what is the difference of apk and modded apk