modded apk with apk manager force closing

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by mojo_droid, Oct 3, 2010.

1. mojo_droid

mojo_droid Premium Member Premium Member Developer

I modded the pandora apk version 1.5 and it is force closing when I try to open it on my phone. all i did was change a couple images and edit the widget xml file so that it is slightly wider. When I install it it will load up and have me sign in with my account, but then when i select a station it just force closes. What am i doing wrong?

I did the same thing with the new version of the espn scorecenter app and it worked fine.

I am using apk manager 4.9, i decompile, make my changes, then recompile, sign, and install.
  2. kevdog

kevdog New Member

Frustrating isnt it. Break down the problem. Dont edit the xml and see if it works. Gotta see where the problem lies.
  3. mojo_droid

thanks for the help :)

so i did what you suggested, i didnt edit the xml files, i only replaced a couple images. in apk manager i first decompiled, replaced images, then recompiled, signed, and installed and it still force closes on me. the only images i edited were the widget backroung images, and those load fine with i add the widget (widget always loaded fine, even when i edited the xml files too). i only get force closes when i go to run the app, it will go to the pandora splash screen for a second, then force close. what does this mean the issue is?
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  4. mojo_droid

so I found out what the issue was thanks to shocka243. apparently it is an issue with apk manager 4.9. I used 4.8 and it worked fine
  5. probbiethe1

probbiethe1 New Member

do you still have the files that are needed for apk manager 4.8? i am having the foorce close problem using 4.9 and i cant find anywhere to download 4.8
Search tags for this page
apk always force close

apk manager close

force close after editing apk
modified apk force close
theme manager.apk force close