1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

[MOD|Release] Halo: Reach "Noble Team" theme/layout

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by xxxwdp02lcdxxx, Oct 31, 2010.

1. xxxwdp02lcdxxx

xxxwdp02lcdxxx New Member

What's up everybody. This is my initial release for my Noble Team layout for your Android phone!

***DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT TAKE CREDIT FOR THE DESIGNS IN THIS THEME, THEY ARE THE PROPERTY OF BUNGIE AND MICROSOFT. I JUST COPIED THEIR DESIGNS FROM SCRATCH AND MADE IT APPLICABLE TO PHONES***

After 2 days and about 12 hours of total time in Photoshop and testing on my phone, the "theme" is finally here! Almost all graphics were recreated by me from looking off of the screenshots of Halo: Reach.

I say "theme" because it's not a flashable.zip that changes any of the framework files because I haven't quite figured out how to get that to work. Once I do, though, I'll be sure to get to work on it if I get enough interest. As for right now, it's just themed widgets and a pretty genius wallpaper if I do say so myself!

I won't bore you with the trial and error I went through to create this so I'll let a timelapse video of all the work it took to create this beautiful creation do that!

SCREENSHOTS:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Widgets & apps used in this layout: *widget, -app
    * Analog Clock Collection - modded by me (it's the radar you see in the 3rd screen)
    * Typoclock
    * BattStatt
    * Astrid - modded by me (it's on the 4th screen)
    - Widgetlocker - modded by me. I unfortunately can't share this as it's a paid app but I'll share the .PNGs so you can change them yourself!
    - ChompSMS - modded by me (2nd screenshot)

How to create this layout:
    1. Download the entire theme from here: DOWNLOAD
    - I added some extra app icons that I personally didn't use but you can if you like. They're icons of all of the game types in Halo: Reach. Use at your leisure!
    2. Extract all of the folders to wherever you like
    3. Do whatever it is you do to add your new docks, app icons, dock icons and wallpapers to your phone
    4. Setup the dock and things mentioned above how you like
    - *You'll need LauncherPro to add the dock and icons
    5. Download "Multipicture Live Wallpaper" (free) from the Market
    6. When that finishes installing go to your home screen, press Menu, Wallpaper, Live Wallpapers, Multipicture Live Wallpaper
    7. Once there hit "Settings" and go through each screen's settings
    8. To make these wallpapers work, you have to select "Single Wallpaper" from the "Type of Screen" option and choose whichever wallpaper you want for that screen.
    - *Currently I only have 2 embedded wallpapers created, and 3 regular wallpapers for your widgets and such. I'll make more if there are requests.
    9. After that's setup, you'll need to configure LauncherPro to 10x10
    10. Go to your home screen, hit menu, preferences, homescreen settings and under Rows and Colums: turn each one up to 10 and restart LauncherPro
    11. After that's done, download the blank.png image that's been attached
    - *This will be used to hide the icons on your homescreen so the embedded icons work flawlessly.
    12. To setup these icons you'll have to follow the instructions carefully
    - Go to your homescreen, press menu, hit add, shortcuts, then applications and navigate to the Gmail application
    - When LauncherPro pops up with the icon and icon name window tap the app icon and navigate to where you saved the blank.png (name it whatever you want or leave it alone, it won't matter later)
    - Now you should see just the app name and no icon
    - Long-press the icon and move it so that the app name is just under the corresponding icon that's a part of the wallpaper
    - Repeat for Facebook and Market
    - Once they're in place, test tapping on the embedded icons on the wallpaper and make sure they open the right apps. Sometimes with 10x10 grids on LauncherPro the icons sit a little close, so you may have to fiddle with it.
    - After you've got them set perfectly, hit menu, preferences, tap appearance settings and then uncheck "Hide icon labels" and restart LauncherPro
    - Test the icons again to make sure they're working. Presto!
    13. After that's done, all you have to do is setup the rest how you like!

If I missed any steps, let me know. I'm completely frazzled right now haha.

I don't mind taking requests to make different app icons on the embedded home screen or more dock icons, just please be mindful when you ask. I don't have a whole lot of free time so just be patient and I'll get to them when I can.

If you like this theme or feel like helping a college student out, feel free to donate by clicking my "Donate to Me" badge under my username. Every penny helps!
  2. kook

kook Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Nice......
  3. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

if you get a flashable .zip file up and running, I'd gladly give it a run.

Love me my Halo. :)
  4. rambro

rambro New Member

I would love to use this theme and donate for your hard work cause it looks incredible, but I have no clue how to apply the dock and dock icons. Could you explain please or post a link to a tutorial on how to? Only things I've ever used have been SP and MM to apply themes.
  5. Quicksilver7714

Quicksilver7714 Super Moderator Premium Member

I love it its really Sweet. Right now I'm Rocking a Noble team back ground thats the same on both my Droid and Droid X. It looks good but this is awesome.
  6. rambro

rambro New Member

Nevermind I figured it out...but the first two screen shots that have the time/weather and date posted, where can I get that from? The thing that says fully charged looks cool too. And then all the widgets on the wallpaper with the elite background and that actual background, I want that one too. Maybe its in the original download and I missed it I'll need to check it again though.
  7. xxxwdp02lcdxxx

xxxwdp02lcdxxx New Member

Thanks for the compliments!

rambro- Sorry I couldn't help you sooner.
  8. rambro

rambro New Member

If you could provide the wallpaper with the Elite stabbing the Spartan that would be awesome! Pleeeeease :)
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
Search tags for this page
adw halo reach theme
change halo default icon android
change your android icons to halo icons
chompsms halo themes
free android themes of halo reach

halo android icons

halo icons android

halo reach model extractor leak

halo reach noble team theme download

halo reach theme for android