MOD Increase Volume For The Moto Maxx XT1225

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Are you having trouble hearing your Moto Maxx? If so you are not the only one. Many users have reported low in call and speaker volume on these devices. Developer "Jaocagomez" feels your pain. He has created a mod that will increase the volume of your device. The difference will be quite noticeable. You will need to be rooted and have a custom recovery installed. To install simply flash the zip in recovery. If the mod is too loud there is also a zip that can be flashed to take you back to stock sound levels. Head to the link below for the file downloads.

via XDA

Last edited by a moderator:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
WAIT!!! Did you say "Turbo" and "Rooted" in the same paragraph?? I believe that the Moto Maxx may have been rooted, but I've heard nothing about the Droid Turbo also being rooted. Let's bring it on!!

EDIT: Droid Turbo XT1254 is STILL not rootable! Droid Turbo XT1254 can not be Bootloader unlocked. There is no Developer Edition of the Droid Turbo XT1254

That is mentioned in the thread for the Moto Maxx XT1225 which is both Bootloader unlockable right on Motorola's website AND rootable. Same phone...NO. Very similar phone...yes. Are the differences enough that you couldn't use a Moto Maxx XT1225 on Verizon and get full cellular and data functionality...yes. Can you use the Droid Turbo XT1254 in overseas applications...yes. So they have a conflict on XDA where the Droid Turbo XT1254 users are angry that the Moto Maxx XT1225 is being discussed in their thread and the discussion is of Bootloader unlocking and Rooting.

Last edited:

civiksi

Reaction score
Its not for the Turbo its for the Moto Maxx. Better change your title.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Am aware and notified the editor earlier. Will be addressed tomorrow but for now I'll edit out Turbo.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Am aware and notified the editor earlier. Will be addressed tomorrow but for now I'll edit out Turbo.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

Thanks for fixing this. I saw it was posted inthe Droid Turbo section which made me think it was also for the Turbo. I had totally forgotten that the Turbo has yet to be rooted. Good looking out.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
No problem, they're all up in arms over there on XDA because they want them to create a subforum to address this major difference between the Moto Maxx and Droid Turbo. This is exactly the reason why.