[MOD][HOW TO] Transparent notification bar/pulldown shade

Trenton

Reaction score
In this thread ill show you how to make that notification bar transparent.

1. take the png's ive attached to this post and place them on your SD card in the folder entitled "android themes"
take note of these file names.

2.open ninjamorph select new project

navigate through: system/framework/framework-res.apk. it will then extract all the files.

then navigate through res/drawable-hdpi.

scroll down to "status_bar_background.png" click it and change it out with the "status_bar_background.png" you placed on your SD card that has the exact same file name....then continue to replace the other 6 png's the same way.

:reddroid:If one of the existing png's in your framework does not match the one Ive provided (for example the existing file on your phone ends in " .9 " ) then rename it to match...not all themes are exactly the same.
:reddroid:

3. when your done replacing all 7 png's press the blue back button in ninjamorph, select finish project, select the one that says "framework-resapk"

then just keep clicking "yes" ("yes/yes/ok/yes") then ninjamorph will tell you "ALL DONE!":icon_eek: and your phone will automatically reboot.

this will work fine with "launcher 2" and will most likley work with whatever default launcher that came with whatever ROM you mught be using. BUT...

...!!! when using this mod with ADW launcher, launcher pro
or any home replacement app you will need to use a live wallpaper (I use "shake em all" and then just set my own wallpaper) if you want the notification bar to stay transparent. the pulldown will allways be transparent though. (you can also use a live wallpaper called "multiple wallpapers" )

Attachments

• tansparentstatus.zip
    30.8 KB · Views: 5,540
  • without droid in pulldown.zip
    16.3 KB · Views: 2,947
OP
Trenton

Trenton

Reaction score
Screenshots

With droid in pulldown
(transparentstatus)

aefdee00-dceb-da1b.jpg

4b0c7cad-c7e2-4ef6.jpg

Without droid in pulldown

4b0c7cad-c85e-2412.jpg

That white line on the left is just my stupid wallpaper.

OP
Trenton

Trenton

Reaction score
Ding chicka ding ding.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

hanks_cafe

Reaction score
Thanks for the instructions, but I seem to be having an issue. My notification window is not transparent. The main windows is all I wanted to be transparent so I followed the instructions and replaced status_bar_background.png with one that is transparent but it shows up as black. I clue what I might be doing wrong, I'm new to this so I'm not sure.

OP
Trenton

Trenton

Reaction score
Red and black droid in the pulldown?

Look in the dx sub forum at xda developers

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

TheTrigger

Reaction score
Will these pngs work on a Droid 2? or should I resize them in photoshop?