OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Guys, a fix has been found for the small keyboard issue, it's in the first post.

Please confirm if it fixes the issue for you, thanks!

dbscothorn

Reaction score
Tried the fix Fab. Changed LCD and rebooted each time. No difference unfortunately... still a small keyboard.

thetomas

Reaction score
I backed up my stock keyboard apk then applied the fixed zip in clockwork recovery, but now it hangs at the Moto symbol, even after a good wait, and a battery pull reboot. It still boots recovery at the start, but Im really surprised a single apk change did this. any suggestions before i start damage control?

edit: forgot to mention, i'm on a rooted stock ota DX

Last edited:

Invader DJ

Reaction score
For you guys on SPR, you can just flash Clockwork, install this, and then go back to SPR all from the same app without affecting any of your Nandroid backups...

I used to prefer SPR as well but for the last few months on my original DROID it has been pretty much bulletproof. Unless you have some philosophical reason for not using Clockwork, I highly recommend it.

dbscothorn

Reaction score
Decided to try it again and it worked. So far so good. Thanks, Fab.

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
I backed up my stock keyboard apk then applied the fixed zip in clockwork recovery, but now it hangs at the Moto symbol, even after a good wait, and a battery pull reboot. It still boots recovery at the start, but Im really surprised a single apk change did this. any suggestions before i start damage control?

Are you deodexed?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

kpenning

Reaction score
If you are going to put in this script, and I quote:

rm -rf /system/app/*.odex;
rm -rf /system/framework/*.odex

PLEASE PUT THIS IN BIG RED BOLD LETTERING!!

This is messing with some devices

thetomas

Reaction score

Are you deodexed?

No, i don't think I am, as far as i know i'm on a rooted version of an ota introduced by sbf, the sbf's aren't deodexed are they?

I tried flashing that DX file in teh first post (is that the stock keyboard) and it didn't help, i also tried mounting the system before retying the fixed zip, also didn't work.

Any ideas? i don't wanna have to sbf again, my dx was working so well :(

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com

Are you deodexed?

No, i don't think I am, as far as i know i'm on a rooted version of an ota introduced by sbf, the sbf's aren't deodexed are they?

I tried flashing that DX file in teh first post (is that the stock keyboard) and it didn't help, i also tried mounting the system before retying the fixed zip, also didn't work.

SBF is the only way to fix because you're not deodexed, but now worries, your data will be retained. I'm adding deodexed as a requirement to the OP.

Sorry about that!

carbine

Reaction score
I got repeated force closes, but all I had to do was disable the old Android keyboard and select the English language for the new one. Size was correct and the keyboard is running smooth after that. :)

thetomas

Reaction score
Are you deodexed?

SBF is the only way to fix because you're not deodexed, but now worries, your data will be retained. I'm adding deodexed as a requirement to the OP.

Sorry about that!

Ugg, ok. I thought sbf was kinda a fresh start, how do I sbf and retain data? (or does it just work?)

Edit: If I sbf the leaked update, will I get the OTA update when It comes out?

Last edited: