[MOD] - Fix for the dreaded "Low on Space" warning

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible Hacks' started by sbenson, Nov 21, 2011.

1. sbenson

sbenson Silver Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Virginia/DC Metro Area
    Let me apologize in advance if this has been covered in another thread. I did a search and nothing concrete came up.

My wife's rooted Incredible has been suffering from the dreaded "Low on Space" warning for months now. After several different roms - all the same result. Clearing Facebook data as well as messages usually does the trick...for a while, but the message always returns. After some research I've learned that the message is caused when the data/data folder becomes filled. This folder is limited to 150mb, which fills up extremely fast. So, essentially when you check your phone's storage and it says you have 600mb+ free, that's not actually the case. Why are we limited to 150mb? Not sure, but it's definitely a design flaw and HTC knows it.

Anyway, I've continued to keep my eyes open around different forums in search of a fix for this and I finally found one. An awesome developer over at XDA came up with a permanent fix, as long as your rom and kernel meet the requirements. Good luck to all and please check it out here: [MOD] Ext4 4 ALL! Gingerbread AOSP + GingerSense Update: 10/27 Normal dalvik fixed - xda-developers
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
Search tags for this page

android low on space fix

android low on space message
android low on space warning
droid incredible low on space fix
droid incredible low on space message
droid low on space fix
how to fix droid incredible low on space
htc incredible low on space fix
htc incredible low on space fix 2012
low on space android fix