[MOD] 4.3 Tether Unlock for The Verizon Galaxy S4 on VRUEMJ7

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
images

If you lost your ability to tether after accepting the 4.3 ota update for your Verizon Galaxy S4 you are in luck. Developer "surge1223" has come up with a method for unlocking wifi tether on the update. The method is pretty straight forward but does require root and the use of the terminal emulator app. All you need to do is type a few simple commands and then reboot your device. Be mindful of the fact that you are modifying the Framework-res.apk and that any slipup or mishap will result in the need to flash the stock image in odin to recover. There is also a series of commands to restore the original framework-res.apk. Head to the link below for the full instructions and downloads.

Via XDA

Last edited:

swc2001

Reaction score
images

If you lost your ability to tether after accepting the 4.3 ota update for your Verizon Galaxy S4 you are in luck. Developer "surge1223" has come up with a method for unlocking wifi tether on the update. The method is pretty straight forward but does require root and the use of the terminal emulator app. All you need to do is type a few simple commands and then reboot your device. Be mindful of the fact that you are modifying the Framework-res.apk and that any slipup or mishap will result in the need to flash the stock image in odin to recover. There is also a series of commands to restore the original framework-res.apk. Head to the link below for the full instructions and downloads.

Via XDA

So is there any reason you would not take the 4.3 update at this point? I just bought an s4 and I left it at 4.2 in fear of being locked out of root or whatever.....also I just took a week and now have everything set up the way I like including foxfi tether..... I sure would hate to have to redo everything I worked so hard on this week.....