[MOD] 4.3 Tether Unlock for The Verizon Galaxy S4 on VRUEMJ7

Discussion in 'Android News' started by DroidModderX, Nov 12, 2013.

1. DroidModderX

DroidModderX Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,204
    [​IMG]

If you lost your ability to tether after accepting the 4.3 ota update for your Verizon Galaxy S4 you are in luck. Developer "surge1223" has come up with a method for unlocking wifi tether on the update. The method is pretty straight forward but does require root and the use of the terminal emulator app. All you need to do is type a few simple commands and then reboot your device. Be mindful of the fact that you are modifying the Framework-res.apk and that any slipup or mishap will result in the need to flash the stock image in odin to recover. There is also a series of commands to restore the original framework-res.apk. Head to the link below for the full instructions and downloads.

Via XDA

#1 DroidModderX, Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  2. swc2001

swc2001 Active Member

Ratings:
    +74
    So is there any reason you would not take the 4.3 update at this point? I just bought an s4 and I left it at 4.2 in fear of being locked out of root or whatever.....also I just took a week and now have everything set up the way I like including foxfi tether..... I sure would hate to have to redo everything I worked so hard on this week.....

Search tags for this page
galaxy s4 tethering verizon
galaxy s4 wireless tether verizon
how to tether galaxy s4 verizon

how to unlock verizon galaxy s4

tether s4 verizon

unlock samsung s4 verizon
verizon galaxy s4 tether
verizon galaxy s4 tethering
verizon note 2 4.3 tether

verizon s4 tether