1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

mobipocket books on Droid

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by don, Apr 15, 2010.

1. don

don New Member

Does anyone have information about mobipocket for Dorid?
  2. lmdodds

lmdodds New Member

if you dont mind me asking what is "mobipocket"?
  3. don

don New Member

Mobipocket books is an ebook that I have on my HP pda. It is owned by amazon.
  4. jgumphress

jgumphress New Member

I had Mobipocket on my Palm Treo and did not like the work I had to go through to put in books so I dropped them and went to eReader instead. There is an eReader for Droid and I moved all my Palm books over to my Droid. I haven't heard anyhting about MobiPocket in some time nor anything about an Android version. You might try their web site. I believe they are in England, by the way.
  5. ldimick

ldimick New Member

I have several mobi books. I remove the DRM, convert them to EPUB and then read them with Aldiko
  6. jimnutt

jimnutt New Member

I do the same as Idimick (except on a larger scale, I had a few hundred books, most DRM free though). I use Calibre to handle the conversion. It's not too difficult to find DRM removal software for mobipocket on the net, google is your friend. If you don't want to bother with removing the DRM, iReader in the Market claims to handle DRM protected mobipocket books. I've not tried it, so I can't vouch for its abilities.
  7. don

don New Member

How do I remove the HDM to and convert to EPUB?
  8. jimnutt

jimnutt New Member

First of, I'm assuming you mean DRM (Digital Rights Management), if not, I've no clue.

For converting from Mobipocket use Calibre, it will handle converting from Mobipocket to EPUB without any problems

Removing the DRM is a bit trickier, there is a script called "mobidedrm.py" that will do the trick, but it can be a tad difficult to find. The easiest way to find it is to go to Pastebin.com - #1 paste tool since 2002 and search there for "mobidedrm", the first link will be to a python script you can download and use. The comments at the beginning of the script tell you how to turn it into a Calibre plugin, which makes it easier to use.
  9. ldimick

ldimick New Member

Start with here:

How To Remove DRM from MOBI and PRC eBooks

I do not use it to steal books. I just use it to convert books that are free, or I have bought, into a format that I can use since the leading sellers have not chosen to support the Droid yet.
  10. jimnutt

jimnutt New Member

+1 for not stealing books. I've purchased every book I've got on my droid, I only strip the DRM and convert them because I refuse to buy the same book 4 times just because I've switched devices for reading them.
Search tags for this page
how to read drm mobi on android
mobi pocket for android
mobi reader for razr m
mobidedrm android

mobipocket android

mobipocket books on android
mobipocket for android phones
mobipocket reader android
read mobipocket on android
tricking mobipocket on android