Mobile Security

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by letsroc1, Apr 7, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. letsroc1

letsroc1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    what is a good Mobile Security
  2. DIRTYDOGG

DIRTYDOGG Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use Look Out

But am New to the mobile Security so be interested in what others have to say
  3. jsh1120

jsh1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    What are you trying to "secure?" The phone? The apps? The files? What are you trying to secure against? Theft? Loss? Your significant other?
  4. letsroc1

letsroc1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    all above please!!
  5. jsh1120

jsh1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    To protect against misplacing your phone there are simple solutions like "Where's my Droid" that turn on the ringer and allow you to call the phone and follow the sound.

To protect against losing your phone out of earshot or locating it if it's stolen, there are web-based services that make use of the GPS in your phone to locate it. They also allow you to lock your phone remotely or in some cases to wipe the data off your phone. See Wave Secure or Mobile Defense.

If you're concerned about some files being viewable on your phone, there are apps that encrypt or enable you to password protect those files. Try searching the market for "vault" or "encrypt."

If you want protection against someone using/viewing an entire application, like email, or messaging, take a look at "Protector" or "App Protector." They allow you to lock an app with a pin/password.

In general, if you're looking for apps that don't fall into a predefined category in the Market, try using appbrain.com on the web. It covers virtually every app available on the Market and can provide a synchronization function with the apps on your phone to simplify downloading. Its search functionality is pretty good.
Search tags for this page

best mobile security droid dna

can i delete vaultservice without affecting my phone