Mobile Network Turning On...

nishantp

Reaction score
Got my Droid Incredible on Tuesday, activated, and Mobile Network just says Turning on...

Tried activating again, hard reset, power cycle, called Verizon, took it to the store. Can't get a new one because they are sold out. Any ideas? Anyone else having this problem?

Nfoss

Reaction score
Same problem. I waited a day or so before activation, so I could learn the device, import contacts, etc. I'm all ready to go, and I can't activate.

Trying the auto-activation, when I dial *228, I don't even get a connection. It just times out. So I don't have the option of pressing 1 or 2, and following the prompts.

Going to try toggling some connection settings and attempting activation in an area with stronger signal, and see what happens.

Disappointing, to say the least.

OP
N

nishantp

Reaction score
Fixed it. Called Verizon on Friday, had me run through a few troubleshooting steps. It was a problem with the data plan. He removed me from the system and added me again, all is well again. Make sure you call from another phone because they will have you do a battery pull.

OP
N

nishantp

Reaction score
Try this first -- Go to verizonwireless.com and log in, click Activate Phone, enter in your ESN and stuff, let it activate online, then it will tell you to dial *228. If that doesn't work, call Verizon.

emgdave

Reaction score
Fixed it. Called Verizon on Friday, had me run through a few troubleshooting steps. It was a problem with the data plan. He removed me from the system and added me again, all is well again. Make sure you call from another phone because they will have you do a battery pull.

Nishantp - THANK YOU THANK YOU for following up with this post. I was having the exact same issue and literally on the phone with Verizon who had tried "everything" and were chalking it up to a defective device. They were in the middle of setting up an exchange when I decided to search to see if anyone had any similar issues. I saw your post and suggested it to the tier 2 tech who was willing to try. It worked.

I do have to say that Verizon's customer service is pretty good, and they probably missed this because the phone is so new.

QuietSeditionist

Reaction score
same

Same problem here. Been on with VZW techs for awhile, no resolution yet. They suggested a device exchange, but Incredibles are still not shipping for another 3 weeks (lame). He said he 'didn't see a profile' for data connection under my account, which is strange, but for some reason he couldnt create one. I have a corporate account, not sure what that affects. Anyway, he left it off with he created a ticket for someone ('Remedy'?) to call me back within 2-4 days. Yippee.

QuietSeditionist

Reaction score
Same problem here. Been on with VZW techs for awhile, no resolution yet. They suggested a device exchange, but Incredibles are still not shipping for another 3 weeks (lame). He said he 'didn't see a profile' for data connection under my account, which is strange, but for some reason he couldnt create one. I have a corporate account, not sure what that affects. Anyway, he left it off with he created a ticket for someone ('Remedy'?) to call me back within 2-4 days. Yippee.

OK, finally got it resolved. After they sent me a 'certified like new' device (which is most definitely NOT 'like new'), it worked for a few days. OK, I said, it was the device. Wrong - it stopped working again last week, just randomly. I sent an email to VZW this time rather than sit on the phone for hours. Anyway some random tech figured it out. He said all he did was take the data plan off my number and then add it back in. There was some misconfiguration apparently. Not sure WHY the first three techs I talked to couldn't figure this one out.

So, if it happens to you, insist they take the data plan off and add it back on. Worked for me.

Cheers.