Mobile Network Access Problem

vzwtek

Reaction score
VZWTEK,

I used 000000 to get into the program mode after hitting ##program per your instructions. I am not seeing specifically the mind setting or the MND setting.

When the menu pops open, there is "NAM CDMA Settings" along with "NAM-General" and a few other options. Within both of those (which seem to be the most likely candidates), there is no specific option for changing anything called "mind" or MND. And those aren't available in the other categories either. Could they be called something else??

go to nam general, you should see your number under mdn. change it to 0000000000. then the same with the min, or there will be msid, change that to 0000000000 as well, then hit menu and save or commit modifications, the phone will reset and it will act as if it is not programmed, do *228 and then try that

azamat

Reaction score
Having the same issues as the OP. Twice in the last two days I've had issues where the Mobile Network would hang at "Turning On" under the Phone Settings. Mobile network is currently working but since it happened earlier today in my home where I normally have full 3g coverage, I'm led to believe that the problem isn't really fixed on my phone.

vzwtek, I tried your instructions but I failed to find any "min" or "msid" listings under NAM-General. Under NAM-General I found only NAM Name, Mobile Directory Number, and Authentication Key. I also looked under NAM CDMA Settings and also found no such listings. There is MIN1/2, MCC, NMSI, IMSI, IMSI_S, MNC, TRUE MIN1/2, TRUE MCC Mobile Country Code, True NMSI, True IMSI, True IMSI_S, and several other options. The only option under the ##program menu that shows my number is Mobile Directory Number under NAM-General. I changed that to all zeroes and saved it, but that didn't work. In fact, when I was having the problem over the weekend, I couldn't even dial *228 or *611, it would only let me make phone calls. I had to contact verizon by randomly dialing 1800 Verizon and it happened to work. However, since I didn't have another phone I couldn't even get on the line with customer support.

vzwtek

Reaction score
Having the same issues as the OP. Twice in the last two days I've had issues where the Mobile Network would hang at "Turning On" under the Phone Settings. Mobile network is currently working but since it happened earlier today in my home where I normally have full 3g coverage, I'm led to believe that the problem isn't really fixed on my phone.

vzwtek, I tried your instructions but I failed to find any "min" or "msid" listings under NAM-General. Under NAM-General I found only NAM Name, Mobile Directory Number, and Authentication Key. I also looked under NAM CDMA Settings and also found no such listings. There is MIN1/2, MCC, NMSI, IMSI, IMSI_S, MNC, TRUE MIN1/2, TRUE MCC Mobile Country Code, True NMSI, True IMSI, True IMSI_S, and several other options. The only option under the ##program menu that shows my number is Mobile Directory Number under NAM-General. I changed that to all zeroes and saved it, but that didn't work. In fact, when I was having the problem over the weekend, I couldn't even dial *228 or *611, it would only let me make phone calls. I had to contact verizon by randomly dialing 1800 Verizon and it happened to work. However, since I didn't have another phone I couldn't even get on the line with customer support.

The settings are then under nam cdma settings. Under tru min 1/2 you will find your area code under Min1/phone number under min2. and the MDN is your telephone number. if you go to program it after reprogramming, dial *22800, this is the code that forces it on autoa and verizon channels. Unless you are in a divested market, and need the hybrid prl. This should work.

azamat

Reaction score
Changed the settings to all zeros under ##program and the phone rebooted. Tried dialing *22800, didn't work. Dialed *228, phone changed the settings right back to what they were before. I called verizon and they supposedly removed me from the data plan and added me back in, but I've still had the problem like two or three times since that happened. Tech had me restore to factory settings too, which didn't fix the problem.

Is this something that I could use as an excuse to get a new phone? I'm still within my 30 day window and I want to make sure this isn't going to be something I have to deal with constantly.

vzwtek

Reaction score
Changed the settings to all zeros under ##program and the phone rebooted. Tried dialing *22800, didn't work. Dialed *228, phone changed the settings right back to what they were before. I called verizon and they supposedly removed me from the data plan and added me back in, but I've still had the problem like two or three times since that happened. Tech had me restore to factory settings too, which didn't fix the problem.

Is this something that I could use as an excuse to get a new phone? I'm still within my 30 day window and I want to make sure this isn't going to be something I have to deal with constantly.

Its not your phone, usually its attached to your AAA settings in the switch, if it were the phone, it would either work or not work at all. Did they make you do the restore from the devices menu, or did they make you do it from the recovery menu? I would say try another device, but im not 100 percent sure that may work.

The settings will come back because the system is re-provisioning your phone back to what it needs. but if that doesn't work, then its the way the system is provisioning your account not the phone.

azamat

Reaction score
They had me do the restore from Settings>SD & phone storage>Factory data reset. I've rooted my phone and installed froyo since my last few posts, and while I still have the problem, it seems like I can alleviate it by turning on and then turning off Airplane Mode (which wouldn't fix the problem when the phone was stock).

vzwtek

Reaction score
They had me do the restore from Settings>SD & phone storage>Factory data reset. I've rooted my phone and installed froyo since my last few posts, and while I still have the problem, it seems like I can alleviate it by turning on and then turning off Airplane Mode (which wouldn't fix the problem when the phone was stock).

have you tried reflashing it with the stock SBF then rerooting to get the fanciness? The stores all have the newest 2.2 update in their RSD's you could take it there to have them reflash the .sbf files.